Help with Sunshine cabins please- motion on deck 6 aft?

rdevine10

Hi everyone

Trying to decide what to do. Right now we are booked deck 1 midship oceanview. We are very happy with our cabin location as we ARE sensitive to motion so low and midship is always good for us. We like that the oceanview cabins offer more interior space.

However, we are toying with the idea of upgrading to a balcony cabin. Right now Deck 6 aft close to the rear elevators is available (6310). This cabin has cabins underneath it so I am not too concerned about noise (which I know can be an issue with some of the deck 6 cabins).

What I am mostly concerned about is the motion. Anyone stay in this area before? Do you feel the motion here?

We stayed on a forward deck 9 extended balcony on the Legend and while we loved the balcony the movement really impacted our vacation (rougher seas). Having less movement is MUCH more of a priority than the balcony. But, I dont know how much movement is actually felt in this area of the ship!

Help!! thanks!

Hi everyone

Trying to decide what to do. Right now we are booked deck 1 midship oceanview. We are very happy with our cabin location as we ARE sensitive to motion so low and midship is always good for us. We like that the oceanview cabins offer more interior space.

However, we are toying with the idea of upgrading to a balcony cabin. Right now Deck 6 aft close to the rear elevators is available (6310). This cabin has cabins underneath it so I am not too concerned about noise (which I know can be an issue with some of the deck 6 cabins).

What I am mostly concerned about is the motion. Anyone stay in this area before? Do you feel the motion here?

We stayed on a forward deck 9 extended balcony on the Legend and while we loved the balcony the movement really impacted our vacation (rougher seas). Having less movement is MUCH more of a priority than the balcony. But, I dont know how much movement is actually felt in this area of the ship!

Help!! thanks!

I think if you think about past cruises, for example on Deck 5 promenade, have you felt motion? If that hasn't bothered you, then I don't think 6 would. But again, I am not bothered by the motion. And rough seas are rough seas - come prepared for all cruises, deck 1 or not, with meds and seabands. I have done 15-20 seas on the Legend and didn't notice a difference between the dining room on deck 3 and our cabin on deck 7, other than you hear a lot of noise that close to the water at the back when the ship comes out of the water. I would hate to have to try to sleep through that!

We just finished our cruise today on sunshine. We were room 6120 towards front of ship. The last 2 nights were rough seas and very noticeable in our rooms. The lastnight our safe door kept opening and closing from the ship moving so much. I used a motion patch so didn't get sick but it was definitely very noticeable and disrupted our sleep a lot.

• 1 month later...

Major motion sickness girl - RIGHT HERE! (I'm waving :D) The worst for me has been on Deck 11. I do fine decks 6-8 but even getting a massage in the spa - gets me. I have to sit facing forward during meals. I sleep facing forward too. I was motion sick after driving 9 hours but I think it was because I was behind a truck and couldn't see the horizon. Because I drive 8 hours and do fine. I can't imagine one more hour did it but I thought I was on a cruise ship that night in the hotel :rolleyes:

I eat ginger candy, wristbands, meclizine, ginger pills and diazepam. Meclinzine at bedtime and ginger in the morning.

I always stay on meds for as many days afterwards as I was onboard.

Sometime try a ship with a Cove Balcony and see how you do. Maybe you can find a short one. Don't do one going from Galveston or NOLA to Key West - more motion than going south to Mexico. I felt like on the Dream there was a lot of motion down low which is why I like mid ship interior. Dead center of the ship has to be stable.

Enjoy your cruise!