Mini-Suite on Deck 8 of Epic

cruizinrican

Can any one tell me about mini-suites on Deck 8? Or more specifically, cabin #8050? I booked a Mini-suite gty and wound up w this cabin. I've heard that the balconies are viewable to those decks above. I was also concerned with the amount of traffic that might be passing by at all hours of the day and night. Any and all replies are appreciated. Thank you.

Can any one tell me about mini-suites on Deck 8? Or more specifically, cabin #8050? I booked a Mini-suite gty and wound up w this cabin. I've heard that the balconies are viewable to those decks above. I was also concerned with the amount of traffic that might be passing by at all hours of the day and night. Any and all replies are appreciated. Thank you.

I can't comment on the inside of the room and the balcony, but I don't see any reason why there would be a lot of traffic passing by. Is there any particular reason why you think it may be a problem?

Your balcony is covered. There should not be any issue with noise. However, I was originally given one of these last month and upgraded to deck 12, because these balconies look out directly on top of a lifeboat. You can look out, you just can't look down. Most balconies have this issue to some extent, but the higher you go, the less it matters. If the lifeboat issue is a concern, I would change. Also, this is a shower room and not a bathtub room. They alternate. You will have the couch closest to the balcony. They alternate with that and the bed closer to the balcony.

I can't comment on the inside of the room and the balcony, but I don't see any reason why there would be a lot of traffic passing by. Is there any particular reason why you think it may be a problem?

I think there will be a lot of traffic because Deck plans show it is right behind the lifts. So everyone that needs to go up will be walking in front of or close to our cabin doorway. Will this be a problem, was wondering?

No, not at all. The only people walking past your room will be those in the rooms further forward than you. As there aren't any insides there, there aren't many rooms that was compared to other places.

On the Epic, we usually stay near the forward stairs but on the corridor heading towards midship. I'd guess there are more than double the number of cabins where people would walk past our room to get to, compared to yours, and we never notice any traffic.

If anything I'd say yours looks in a relatively quiet location, traffic wise.

Edited to correct autocorrect. Originally the quiet in my last sentence came out as "hurt".

Edited by KeithJenner

Your balcony is covered. There should not be any issue with noise. However, I was originally given one of these last month and upgraded to deck 12, because these balconies look out directly on top of a lifeboat. You can look out, you just can't look down. Most balconies have this issue to some extent, but the higher you go, the less it matters. If the lifeboat issue is a concern, I would change. Also, this is a shower room and not a bathtub room. They alternate. You will have the couch closest to the balcony. They alternate with that and the bed closer to the balcony.

Wow, thank you for such a descriptive image of my cabin. I am trying to get an upgrade but I do not want to pay anymore than I have already. I think we will just be happy with the cabin given and to be in a mini-suite with a balcony. Awesome answer! :D

No, not at all. The only people walking past your room will be those in the rooms further forward than you. As there aren't any insides there, there aren't many rooms that was compared to other places.

On the Epic, we usually stay near the forward stairs but on the corridor heading towards midship. I'd guess there are more than double the number of cabins where people would walk past our room to get to, compared to yours, and we never notice any traffic.

If anything I'd say yours looks in a relatively hurt location, traffic wise.

Ok, wonderful! Thank you.

I was also researching Mini suite cabins since I am still waiting assignment and your cabin is covered. The ones that aren't covered are some of the balcony rooms on the 8th deck, not the mini suites. Your cabin is also by the stairs, the lifts are a few yards away I would say. I don't think 8050 is a bad cabin. Looks good to me. Hope this helps. :)

I was also researching Mini suite cabins since I am still waiting assignment and your cabin is covered. The ones that aren't covered are some of the balcony rooms on the 8th deck, not the mini suites. Your cabin is also by the stairs, the lifts are a few yards away I would say. I don't think 8050 is a bad cabin. Looks good to me. Hope this helps. :)

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. You all ROCK!