this is to cotton and others near her

momofmeg

Here in Minnesota, where the worst we get is a rare F4/5 tornado, it is difficult to imagine the devastation that Louisiana and Mississippi are experiencing. Tornados come and go very quickly and leave a lot of trash in their wake, but nothing like the flooding that will continue for months because of Miss Katrina. I have added you and your neighbors to my daily prayers. Take good care of yourself - we are all thinking of you.

I think that this winter when we have to fire up the snow blower or crank the furnace up a notch it won't seem like such a bother anymore! Our prayers are with everyone and I hope we hear from our friends soon!

Remember that just a few dollars can do so much for people. Just one less drink on a cruise or maybe one less shore excursion? Call the Red Cross or Salvation Army today!!!!

Cotton and all,

I'm 60 or 70 miles east of you. Our damage is not even worth mentioning compared to yours. Our prayers are with you. We serve the God of HOPE, and HE will bring you through the refining fire to make you better than before.

So many people here want to help, to bring ice and water to the area, but guess what - we can't get there. We have no gas. There isn't a gas station in three counties (probably more) that has gas to sell at any price. My husband was in line for an hour and a half last night, and 3 cars before he got to the pump, it ran dry.

I think there might be diesel at some stations, so maybe the truckers can get through.

God bless you all. Please keep us posted.

Connie

I still miss Cotton. glad to know she left. I guess she does not have access to the internet where ever she is or maybe she's too depressed to come here and read frivilous stuff.

I know that is how I feel. we booked a cruise on RCCL Mariner of the Seas a year ago and we go next month but I just can't get excited about it.

My hat is off to Carnival leasing those cruiseships-that is a lot of revenue Carnival will be losing.

I still miss Cotton. glad to know she left. I guess she does not have access to the internet where ever she is or maybe she's too depressed to come here and read frivilous stuff.

I know that is how I feel. we booked a cruise on RCCL Mariner of the Seas a year ago and we go next month but I just can't get excited about it.

My hat is off to Carnival leasing those cruiseships-that is a lot of revenue Carnival will be losing.

Cotton did post.. the link was moved to the floataway lounge..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=226952

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=227251

Archived