Travel Insurance

want2gomore

I would like suggestions for travel insurance. I always have purchased through travel agents, and after reading the contracts it appears to have what I need. Now we have parents that are not in good health and would like coverage for possible trip cancellation due to illness of relative or self. If you could make recommendations of reliable companies which don't charge and arm and leg:) .

Thank you,

Want2gomore

I would like suggestions for travel insurance. I always have purchased through travel agents, and after reading the contracts it appears to have what I need. Now we have parents that are not in good health and would like coverage for possible trip cancellation due to illness of relative or self. If you could make recommendations of reliable companies which don't charge an arm and leg:) .

I agree with going to the insuremytrip website. That way, you can determine which insurance will give you the coverage you need.

I've always used Access America. The good news is that I don't know how good they are because I never had to file a claim. :)

Jane

One we use, that is on insuremytrip is travelex which offers primary coverage. We too have older parents in poor health.

But in reality, we buy the insurance for the emergency medical evacuation. I am not worried about losing my cruise cost due to a family emergency, but that comes with the emergency medical that we are really interested in having just in case.

I also went to insuremytrip.com and ended up with CSA rated A- on the A.M Best ratings. I chose that insurance since you didn't have to buy it within the 14 day period from first booking and they cover pre-existing conditions.

Archived