Downgrading Select drinks package to Replenish

Has anyone ever been able to downgrade a Select package included in booking, to a Replenish. My OH does not drink alcohol at all and the lesser package would suit better?

He also only ever drinks canned Coke and hates soda fountains, but that is a completely different thread. Celebrity drinks package gives you canned soda incidently...

Hi,

I recently asked the very same question of RCL. I have the Select Package included as part of an RCL promotion but would prefer the Replenish.

This is the response I received :

Thank you for your email. I have checked regarding the download (sic) of your Select beverage package into a Royal Replenish package. Unfortunately we cannot do this for you. You can always check if it can be done on board upon arrival.

I intend to ask on board.

I looked at the Terms and Conditions of the offer in the UK and in notation 13 they clearly state you can upgrade at an additional cost onboard.

They then state that passenger that do not qualify due to age or other criteria will be given the Soda Package.

I was surprised they do not have a condition for those that do not drink alcohol, yet qualify to get the Replenish package directly, but they do not.

While I do not see them giving you any sort of refund, I would hope they would grant you the lesser cost package on the ship.

Has anyone ever been able to downgrade a Select package included in booking, to a Replenish. My OH does not drink alcohol at all and the lesser package would suit better?

He also only ever drinks canned Coke and hates soda fountains,..

I wouldnt get a package at all then if I were him and would just bring my own cans on board. Im 99.9% sure the packages include fountain sodas and do not include canned sodas at all.