Upgrade from OS to Grand suite? yes or no?

Terab85

DH just called and got a call from Carnival to see if we wanted to upgrade from our junior suite to a grand suite for $500. We just paid $275 to go from balcony to junior. I told him no since we could do another cruise for that amount. Was that a good choice? This is for the Liberty in 2 weeks.

If you can go on another cruise for $500 then you made the correct call.

However, I am not sure where you are going for $500? We had a GS once and it was a surprise as the kids upgraded us. Not only was the room outstanding the perks that went along with the GS were wonderful.

I would guess your question is a moot point since you already turned it down. So if it makes you feel better, you made a good call.

DW was in the car business for +20 years and whenever people would start talking about how much they paid and how much car they got, she would always say, "do you feel like you got a good deal?" Obviously, most people would say, "well yes I do." She would say, "then that's all that matters."

So do you feel like you got a good deal on the JS?

@ jamesr3939

You said you had a GS once and not only was the room outstanding the perks that went along with the GS were wonderful.

We have cruised in GS on Carnival and enjoyed the extra space, the huge bathroom and balcony. We didn't get any perks. I guess we missed them somehow. What did you get?

Edited by JimAOk1945

That 500 you just saved will help with the Cheers package also.

See you in 11 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's what I figured. DH told them if we could get it for $250, we'd do it. I think the upgrade from balcony to junior suite is perfect.

DH just called and got a call from Carnival to see if we wanted to upgrade from our junior suite to a grand suite for $500. We just paid $275 to go from balcony to junior. I told him no since we could do another cruise for that amount. Was that a good choice? This is for the Liberty in 2 weeks.

I would have taken this.