My review of Jamie's ..

Kosi

I am writing this to see if my Husband and I are crazy.. but we thought that restaurant was just ok.. nothing that great.. We had the much raved about Cured Meats Plank.. Let me say you can go up to the buffet at night and do a better plate of that for free. .. and it looked like the same meat..and cheese.. My hamburger was very dry.. better at American Icon Grill. .. Desserts.. cheese cake was really just okay..

I am writing this to see if my Husband and I are crazy.. but we thought that restaurant was just ok.. nothing that great.. We had the much raved about Cured Meats Plank.. Let me say you can go up to the buffet at night and do a better plate of that for free. .. and it looked like the same meat..and cheese.. My hamburger was very dry.. better at American Icon Grill. .. Desserts.. cheese cake was really just okay..

I agree. Did not think for the up charge is was necessarily a good value.

I think it really depends on when you were there. They must have different chefs or something, because we went 3 times over 7 days and the quality varied widely, from the best meal we had onboard (the first time we went), to very good (the second time), to meh (the third time, when two people had to send their food back, one for being pretty much tasteless and the other for being not just lukewarm but freezing cold). i ordered the lasagna the first two times, and we got a lasagna for the table to share the last time, so i tasted it on all our visits and there was definitely a difference in how it was prepared each time.

Meat Plank and hamburger? I thought Jamie's was an Italian restaurant. Did you try any Italian dishes?

This just proves how subjective taste in foods really is. We liked Jamie's so much on our January 11 cruise that we ate there four times, including my for birthday celebration. As someone who grew up in an Italian family and avid cook, I found everything I had to be great. My husband thought the burger was the best he'd ever had. And that included the one in American Icon.

Best of all, the service in Jamie's was warm and attentive.

Nice thing about Quantum is that if you didn't like Jamie's, there are lots of other options for dinner.

Jamie's definitely does get very good reviews. The menu doesn't impress me at all. The pictures of food that I have seen so far seem just okay. I don't get the raving over the meat planks, it looks like the typical cold cuts from a very good Italian deli.

Too bad they didn't add Portofino's....love that place.

We loved Jamies on the Quantum and ate there twice. We thought it was much more authentic than Portofinos. We loved the Bolognese pasta, spaghetti vongole, pasta carbonara and the vegetable plank.We thought everything tasted very fresh and the ingredients such as olives and mozzarella were high quality. We also had a great waiter who was from Italy so that added to the experience.

We were on the Quantum 1/11 and ate at Jamie's. We thought the food was good. I had the eggplant. A very small portion. We are going back on the quantum in March and will not be eating at Jamie's. with the price increase I do not think it is worth it.

We also were on the 1/11 cruise with another couple, and despite high expectations, we thought that Jamie's was most disappointing. We were very hesitant about Wonderland, but were however very pleasantly suprised by not only the food but the experience.