No formal on a 2 nighter ?

rubydoobydoo

Hi

I am booked on Oceana for 2 nights in March to Bruges and I have noticed on the dress code planner on P and O there is no formal on this cruise, there maybe a 60/70s theme night.

Is this a new thing for P and O as there was a formal on the last 2 nighter I did on Oceana ?

I am not really that bothered but I was expecting one

Thanks

Janis

Hi

I am booked on Oceana for 2 nights in March to Bruges and I have noticed on the dress code planner on P and O there is no formal on this cruise, there maybe a 60/70s theme night.

Is this a new thing for P and O as there was a formal on the last 2 nighter I did on Oceana ?

I am not really that bothered but I was expecting one

Thanks

Janis

Jains,

I always thought they had formals, it seems to have changed sometime in the last year. When someone asked on another forum a number of people said it had changed recently. We would not book one unless it was attached to another as we live far too far away for a 2 night cruise.

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It seems it has changed, we are only an hour from Southampton so not too bad for us.

It saves on the packing not having a formal but I hope the more casual theme does not mean it will be more of a booze cruise, the last 2 night one I did to St. Peter Port was fine, no different to a longer cruise really, but there was a formal on that one !

It is what it is I suppose

Janis

Oh dear, that's a pity. Our two nighter in November on Aurora had a formal night and I was hoping for the same on Oceana this November coming.

I guess it saves them hassle arguing with passengers who don't want to do the formal, but like you I hope this doesn't turn them into a booze cruise.

All 2 nighters I've been on have had one formal night. I'm on a 2 nighter in September on Ventura and just checked the dress code planner and it says 1 formal. I agree yours on Oceana says 2 evening casual and maybe 60/70's which seems odd. Have you phoned to check that it's not an error? You wouldn't want to turn up without your posh frock if there is a formal night!

All 2 nighters I've been on have had one formal night. I'm on a 2 nighter in September on Ventura and just checked the dress code planner and it says 1 formal. I agree yours on Oceana says 2 evening casual and maybe 60/70's which seems odd. Have you phoned to check that it's not an error? You wouldn't want to turn up without your posh frock if there is a formal night!

Phoned P and O who confirmed no formal