Barcelona Hotel Jazz or H10 Catalunya??

villager13

Help! We are trying to decide on a hotel for our post cruise hotel for two days in Barcelona. I think we have it narrowed down to either the Jazz or the H10 Catalunya. Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed at either!

I have seen some recommendations on this board for Jazz but nothing mentioned about the H10 Catalunya.

Thanks so much Cruisers!

We stopped in the Jazz when there but didn't stay. Very nice staff. We ended up picking the Casa Camper because it was a quirky and the #1 hotel on TA (loved it, but it is a bit more pricey than the Jazz)

There's a long hotel thread somewhere on the Barcelona forum.

Help! We are trying to decide on a hotel for our post cruise hotel for two days in Barcelona. I think we have it narrowed down to either the Jazz or the H10 Catalunya. Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed at either!

I have seen some recommendations on this board for Jazz but nothing mentioned about the H10 Catalunya.

Thanks so much Cruisers!

We stayed at the H10 Universitat in Barcelona pre-cruise on the Royal in 2013. It was in a great location, nice room and great breakfast buffet spread each morning. I highly recommend it. http://www.h10hotels.com/en/barcelona-hotels/h10-universitat

Mike

Last time in Barcelona in 2012, we stayed at Hotel Duquesa de Cardona. Haven't stayed at either of the two you mentioned, but really liked the Duquesa. Walking distance to Las Ramblas and right across the street from the cruise terminal. They had a beautiful little roof top bar. So fine watching your ship arrive while having a martini sitting at roof top.

WE stayed at Jazz twice, including last October. Lovely hotel, very helpful staff. By the way, we discovered a lovely restaurant, not too touristy, about 15 minutes walk from the hotel, up on Passeig de Gracià. You get to walk past Casa Battlo, always a treat. The restaurant is called Can Cargol and it is on Carrer de Valencia. Cargol means escargot, and of course they serve all sort of escargot dishes, but they have all sort of food. I am sure the hotel staff can direct you. They start to serve quite late, Barcelona style, but the food was delicious and authentic. So unless you are too tired, here is a plan for you. Tapas and wine at 6:00, visit of Casa Battlo between 7 and 8:00 (or even later). Apero in a small bar and then dinner at Can Cargol at 9:30-10:00.

Boy, lot's of advice not really asked for! Maybe it is because it is about -20C in Montreal and you gave me an opportunity to dream of Barcelona. If I could I would fly out tonight.

We stayed there for three nights post cruise a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. As mentioned, lovely staff, great location - also enjoyed the breakfast too! Perhaps some hotels are fancier but really - it had everyone I wanted. I would definitely stay there again if I was lucky enough to return to Barcelona!

Camelia

Thumbs up for Hotel Jazz after a 3 night stay there. I'm sad it is becoming so popular! Prices going up and harder to get a room the last couple years.;)

Great location. Within walking distance of everything touristyand buses nearby at Cat. Square.

We absolutely loved The Jazz! The decor was modern, the staff helpful and friendly, the location, close to everything, and the rooftop pool deck was really nice, too bad we never used it. We are going to stay there again next year and staying an extra day. Can't wait! :)

WE stayed at Jazz twice, including last October. Lovely hotel, very helpful staff. By the way, we discovered a lovely restaurant, not too touristy, about 15 minutes walk from the hotel, up on Passeig de Gracià. You get to walk past Casa Battlo, always a treat. The restaurant is called Can Cargol and it is on Carrer de Valencia. Cargol means escargot, and of course they serve all sort of escargot dishes, but they have all sort of food. I am sure the hotel staff can direct you. They start to serve quite late, Barcelona style, but the food was delicious and authentic. So unless you are too tired, here is a plan for you. Tapas and wine at 6:00, visit of Casa Battlo between 7 and 8:00 (or even later). Apero in a small bar and then dinner at Can Cargol at 9:30-10:00.

Boy, lot's of advice not really asked for! Maybe it is because it is about -20C in Montreal and you gave me an opportunity to dream of Barcelona. If I could I would fly out tonight.

Wow thanks everyone for the great advice and recommendations! We went ahead and booked the Jazz hotel! Keep the advice coming! 😄