Off Star 2/2/15 PC west bound, in SF cabin with UDP & UBP, any questions?

mikemartha

Your sailing is probably too soon to tell, but did you notice more people in the Specialty dining rooms because of the free dining package? Or did you notice fewer people in the Main dining rooms?

Except for Teppanyaki, the speciality restaurants were wide open every night. I will say the food was Very good and the service superb. We did not eat in the main dining rooms at all; so not comparison.

We will be going on the Star’s sister ship in March, what type of “glass” & size 6oz, 10oz etc. does the bartender use for say mixed drinks, would it pay to bring my own insulated cup?

RedRover96

Sun 3/29

I drank mostly beer and wine. But I did have a few Gentlemen Jack on the rocks. A good poor and was included in the UBP, guessing a 4 oz. glass. Mixed drinks were in a 10 oz glass. To be honest I wasn't paying attention to the glasses, just the booze.

Any questions about the ship, itinerary , UDP or UBP. Will give you my thoughts.

'morning and thanks for the timely offering! Did your itinerary include Acapulco? We're on the Star in less than 2 weeks time, Miami to Los Angeles with stops in Cartagena, Puntarenas, Huatulco, Acapulco and Cabo. I've been a little concerned about the Acapulco stop since the State Dept issued another warning just before Christmas. We're sailing with my 86yo MIL and so are feeling especially cautious.

Best wishes!

'morning and thanks for the timely offering! Did your itinerary include Acapulco? We're on the Star in less than 2 weeks time, Miami to Los Angeles with stops in Cartagena, Puntarenas, Huatulco, Acapulco and Cabo. I've been a little concerned about the Acapulco stop since the State Dept issued another warning just before Christmas. We're sailing with my 86yo MIL and so are feeling especially cautious.

Best wishes!

Sorry we did not stop in Acapulco. Our stops were at Cartagena, Puntarenas, Puerto Chiapas, Huatulco, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo. Puerto Chiapas was our least favorite port. It's not well developed and not much to do if you don't take a long bus ride on a cruise excursion. It has a lot of potential, needs time the to put in the infrastructure.

Sorry we did not stop in Acapulco. Our stops were at Cartagena, Puntarenas, Puerto Chiapas, Huatulco, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo. Puerto Chiapas was our least favorite port. It's not well developed and not much to do if you don't take a long bus ride on a cruise excursion. It has a lot of potential, needs time the to put in the infrastructure.

Thanks for the reply!

Captain Konstantinos Fafalios.

We think Captain Kostas is great. Any chance he mentioned when his next break is? I hope he is back on board for our May Baltics cruise.

Did the HD or any other officers mention the changes planned for dry dock next month? I'm wondering whether the suite breakfast and lunch will change from Cagney's to Moderno after dry dock. And also what refresh plans there are for the atrium area.