P&O Oceana Lido Deck

rettie

Most, but not the 4 most forward, inside cabins on Lido Deck are directly underneath the tiled kitchens for the The Plaza buffet on the deck above - be prepared for noise at various times of the day from early morning to late in the evening - of course noise is subjective and what annoys one may be perfectly acceptable to another. On the plus side, all the inside cabins are but a 'hop, skip and jump' to the pool areas/bars amidships.

As an aside, all the balcony cabins on L deck are directly underneath the carpeted areas of the passenger area of the Plaza buffet and pose no noise problems in my humble opinion.

Last summer we had an inside cabin on L deck. Superb position for popping in and out to the deck but I am afraid the noises kept us awake every night. Not just late at night and early morning but during the night also. We did complain but unfortunately nothing could be done, We were offered earplugs but I couldn't use them. They also asked us to phone them during the night when the noises happened but I felt this would just be waking us up even more. Such a shame because these cabins are in such a good position. If you are a deep sleeper you are probably going to be ok.

We had L331 last year and loved it, we heard 'rumblings' occasionally but it really didn't bother us. I work nights so am used to wearing earplugs - I took them and didn't use them. We slept fine.

As previously said it's very subjective - we are up & about earlyish by some people's standards so maybe if I wanted to lay in it might have been we heard more from the buffet.

The plus side was the fantastic location for being out on deck either for pools and bars, near the buffet or just gazing out to sea for hours watching places come and go. My husband is a smoker so it was nice for him to just nip out onto the deck area occasionally.

I would happily have this location again. It was also our first cruise and I'd read there can be more movement high up & front, but this was fine too and on a choppy day we noticed the movement everywhere not just on higher decks, I found low down front in footlights theatre was worse . The cabin looked exactly as the virtual tour thing on the p&o website if you've not seen that already, loads of hanging space and drawers, perfectly adequate for 2weeks. Bathrooms are tiny but adequate - yes we'd love a suite but don't have suite money [emoji38] so perfectly happy all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had L331 last year and loved it, we heard 'rumblings' occasionally but it really didn't bother us. I work nights so am used to wearing earplugs - I took them and didn't use them. We slept fine.

As previously said it's very subjective - we are up & about earlyish by some people's standards so maybe if I wanted to lay in it might have been we heard more from the buffet.

The plus side was the fantastic location for being out on deck either for pools and bars, near the buffet or just gazing out to sea for hours watching places come and go. My husband is a smoker so it was nice for him to just nip out onto the deck area occasionally.

I would happily have this location again. It was also our first cruise and I'd read there can be more movement high up & front, but this was fine too and on a choppy day we noticed the movement everywhere not just on higher decks, I found low down front in footlights theatre was worse . The cabin looked exactly as the virtual tour thing on the p&o website if you've not seen that already, loads of hanging space and drawers, perfectly adequate for 2weeks. Bathrooms are tiny but adequate - yes we'd love a suite but don't have suite money [emoji38] so perfectly happy all round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a look on the deck plan and you were the cabin next door to us. I agree with the fantastic location of these cabins. We must have been very unlucky as we normally sleep like logs. We are early risers too but being awoken at 3 am/4am/5am was just a bit too early, lol.