OBC did not show up

danhandiman

I was just on the Silhouette last week and when we looked at the expenses it said we owed money which we were expecting however we were suppose to have a $250 OBC , guest relations said it did not show up anywhere and we would have to wait til we got home, I called on Monday and was told they have to wait to get final invoices from the ship. We booked this cruise while onboard Jan 2014 with the future cruise dept and once home we transferred to our travel agent, I am wondering if that is where the mix up came in. I wish we would have noticed this before the last day of the cruise. I know our reservation # changed also, do you think they will find the mistake and give us a refund? I have no record of the original reservation # from the ship as I never thought I would need it. Am I out of luck?

I was just on the Silhouette last week and when we looked at the expenses it said we owed money which we were expecting however we were suppose to have a $250 OBC , guest relations said it did not show up anywhere and we would have to wait til we got home, I called on Monday and was told they have to wait to get final invoices from the ship. We booked this cruise while onboard Jan 2014 with the future cruise dept and once home we transferred to our travel agent, I am wondering if that is where the mix up came in. I wish we would have noticed this before the last day of the cruise. I know our reservation # changed also, do you think they will find the mistake and give us a refund? I have no record of the original reservation # from the ship as I never thought I would need it. Am I out of luck?

My guess is the reservation # change has something to do with it.

When we have had changes/rebookings/etc, the original booking ID always followed with the changes. Perhaps they can help you track the original ID# by your name/DOB/Captains Club # if you have one.

We booked on board and transferred to our agent also. When the new paperwork came, 123 and gratuities showed,, but not the OBC.

Called our agent and she got it put back on.(took 10 days) I ALWAYS make sure it's on paperwork and bring it with me, exactly because of what happened to you. Hopefully, they'll give you the credit..

Do you have the original paperwork?

Helaine

Edited by hmorrow

hmorrow's advice is good.

You also want to be sure to check your billing on the ship on day 2 or 3 (as it takes at least 1 day for OBC) to appear. If it's not there by day 3 you immediately want to take the matter up with, in this order, assuming you have proof: guest relations, the new cruise booking desk, and if those don't work then email your travel agent (either while on the ship or at a Wi-Fi hotspot at your next port).

Edited by CaribbeanBound

Same thing happened to us. We booked an Equinox Thanksgiving 2014 cruise on board Silhouette about a year ago. After 3 days when the $200 OBC did not show up, I showed them the original paperwork as booked on Sil before it was transferred to TA - I also had TA paperwork confirming the OBC. They faxed the info to Miami and the credit took about 3 more days to show up. It was explained to me that now when you book with an FCC the OBC is applied on your current cruise you are still on, rather than the future one. Apparently this change in policy is what created the issue. The system assumed we had already been credited the OBC on the initial cruise which of course was not true.

I would ask Celebrity to check the original booking that was made on the ship - the OBC should be listed there. And yes, this has happened to me also on RCI - so now I always bring all paperwork and keep all copies of new invoices even when it involves something trivial like a cabin change. Luckily my TA automatically generates new invoices with any change.

It's too bad you didn't notice this sooner. We noticed right away that we had $100 OBC versus the $200 we expected. We suspected our TA was trying to short us, and still believe this to be the case. We went to Customer Service the second day of the cruise and they were fantastic. They contacted the TA the next day and took care of the whole thing. Next day we had the proper credit on our account. We were extremely happy with Celebrity in this case. We were trying to figure out how to contact the TA without running up a huge phone or Wifi bill and presto-Celebrity took care of the whole thing. The OBC was refundable and we even got some of it credited back. Needless to say we won't be using that TA again. Very pleased with Customer Service on the Eclipse.