WiFi@Sea - New Technology

kiwijohn

Was the Zuiderdam any better? We were on her in Nov and it was terrible some days and great others - go figure.

from what I was told by a number of people on the Zuiderdam including the Librarian/Internet manager it was really slooooooow--I didn't even buy a package

Amsterdam was the first to switch from MTN to Harris, and you're saying that they are now the first to switch from Harris to WiFi@Sea? Or that the Harris system is better than it has been in the past?

I thought HAL went from MTN to Hughes..as bad as MTN was/is the new is worse .. in this day and age of high-tech HAL should be ashamed of themselves in using either one.. I thought by now there would be a class action suit with all the packages sold vs no internet onboard over the years

Edited by Stakeout

on one of his daily 'voice from the bridge' announcements he answered the many complaints about the internet being down.. what do you think I make this stuff up

No. I was just curious as to how it came up. I thought it was in passing conversation from your post. I didn't think you were making it up. I was just looking for context. Now I have it.

We were on Maasdam 21 days, off Dec 12 in FLL and the internet was atrocious. And Captain Smit made more than one reference to it, always hoping that he could tell us that it was better, which never happened. There were several days it was turned off because it was so intermittent. m--