Celebrity Concierge Class Breakfast

mcgovernsandra

Have you thought of just scanning it onto this website? It would be a lot easier.:)
It would have to reside on a server elsewhere with a link here. That's what I was doing with the ftp site I offered the menu on earlier. Unfortunately, only about 25% of the folks trying to hit the site could get the FTP settings right.

Can't put it up here directly because they won't allow files of sufficient size/resolution to make something that size legible -- unless there's someplace on these boards that permits something a lot bigger than is available within a message. If there is, let me know! I'll definitely drop the file there.

I still haven't puzzled out the fact that there are different pixel (x and y) limitations and file size limitations on the various file formats right here in the message base. Wish I could see a list of all of the formats with their respective limitations. For example, a JPG is limited to 320x240 and something like 91K bytes. Other file formats are allowed larger file sizes (in bytes), and differing height/width as well. Anyone know where such a list exists?

Let's see what it does with a *.PDF. It's small enough due to compression that it might possibly fly.

Nope. In the attempt to upload, I am advised that the hard limit for *.PDF files is a mere 19.5K bytes. The file is 31.8K.

Goofy, isn't it???

I meant to put it on webshots or something similar with a link. I was just in a hurry and didn't explain myself. If I had one I'd do it.:)
Webshots doesn't provide for anything other than JPG files. I tried to upload my text stuff there, and found that out the hard way. Also found that if converted to JPG, the whole file size thing got completely out of hand (JPG isn't much good for B&W docs - not designed for it). Big enough to read was too big for their allowances. Not a trivial problem.

Side note -- all requests to date caught up.

Thanks Joan -- It would if a person wanted to go through a) the process of setting up a .net account with Microsoft, and b) setting up an entire MSN account, then c) join the members only area group with a nickname that hasn't already been used.

Can you imagine (swearing on a stack of your choice of holy book), they suggested VulvarCanderson as one of the possiblities?!?!? They can't even come up with something appropriately gender specific?

I doubt many people will put up with it!

There's got to be an easier way to do this. Why does CC create such a small and arbitrary limit on the only file types that could allow the efficient reproduction of text material? They allow 3X as many bytes to upload a picture!

Canderson,

considering you appear to be very generous and apparently not overwhelmed by other responsibilities, would you be gracious enough to send me a copy of the CC menu as well. Close friends will be taking their first Celebrity cruise CC this month based on our recommendation and I would like to give them a copy tomorrow. We are also cruising this month on Constellation and my memory is shot. I need to refresh it as to the CC breakfast offering.

Thanks in advance

bananavan@aol.com

would you be gracious enough to send me a copy of the CC menu as well.
Already on its way. Hope both you and your friends enjoy the time away. We snuck in something new between Celebrity trips, and I'm still looking around for a decent forum to cover Viking River Cruises. Not much here at CC. The River Cruise area isn't well frequented. Anyone have ideas?

For some reason I opened the file nothing was there. Thanks anyway for the try. I guess I can wait till our cruise on the 29th on the Infinity.
Do you already have a .net account with Microsoft? If not, do you have some 3rd party popup blocker enabled? Did you even get to the MSN page?

I was fortunate to get the menu emailed to me from both canderson and ronbetty2001, so thought I would put a copy on our small personal web space, which should not the problems that MSN does. Try this link:

http://members.shaw.ca/hongfed/CC_Cabin_Breakfast_Menu.pdf

Hope that works for y'all. A little easier than having to email it around!

Enzo

I was fortunate to get the menu emailed to me from both canderson and ronbetty2001, so thought I would put a copy on our small personal web space, which should not the problems that MSN does. Try this link:

http://members.shaw.ca/hongfed/CC_Cabin_Breakfast_Menu.pdf

Hope that works for y'all. A little easier than having to email it around!

Enzo

Bingo -- and thanks.

Seapad, give it a go.

Archived