Vibration AFT?

dcl1710

We just returned from our second cruise, and had third balcony from the back (R739) on the Emerald. We found that the vibration was pretty evident while laying in bed, but not so much if sitting on the balcony. Our first cruise we had more of a mid-ship cabin, and didn't notice it as much. If you're a light sleeper you may want to move closer to the middle. I'm sure everyone is different, but for me, I was aware of vibrations most of the night, so didn't feel that I got a restful sleep the entire cruise. However, we did really enjoy being at the back, as it was great access to the aft pool, hot tubs and buffets.

How bad is the vibration and is it the same for all levels of the ship? We are going on the Grand and booked an Aft room.

Vibration didn't bother us at all. The wash noise took a bit to get use to, however with the door closed it was never an issue. The balcony and view are the best in my opinion! We had a corner stateroom on the crown (B748)

Picture of our balcony:

i-8Pdcq5N-L.jpg

We were in that cabin on Crown a year ago. Don't know if OP has ever stayed in an aft cabin, but you feel every single ocean movement there. Even when the ocean was calm, we felt movement in our cabin. One night the seas were rough, and it was like a rollercoaster in our cabin. DH and I didn't get a minute's sleep that night. The cabin, balcony and view are awesome, but for us the movement was a deal-breaker after that cruise.

There are some of those that have a strucual post in the middle of the balcony. Has anyone had one of those and did the post disturb very much setting on the balcony.

We had B749 ( fantastic balcony) & our kids had B751 on the Crown. B751 had the beam. The beam didn't bother us. There was room to put chairs in front of the beam or behind it if you wanted shade. There is more room behind the beam than in front of it. The balcony on B749 ( corner) and B751 ( beam) are a bit larger- which make up for the beam in our opinion. But it is a matter of personal preference.

We were in an Aft on the Star to Antarctica in 2010 and that was the only time we ever got seasick. The weather and seas were not the worst we've ever seen, but rough seas combined with vibration did it. The quesyness lasted about a day.

We're in another aft in our transatlantic, but this time we will bring Dramamine.

We had B749 ( fantastic balcony) & our kids had B751 on the Crown. B751 had the beam. The beam didn't bother us. There was room to put chairs in front of the beam or behind it if you wanted shade. There is more room behind the beam than in front of it. The balcony on B749 ( corner) and B751 ( beam) are a bit larger- which make up for the beam in our opinion. But it is a matter of personal preference.

Thanks