FttF question

irishayes

I'm reading the pros and cons of FttF and I see people discussing having to drag their luggage around until their room is ready if not choosing FttF.

I have not sailed Carnival before, but have cruised other lines, and this confuses me. Does Carnival not allow you to check in your bags when queuing up to board? Does one need to haul your own luggage to your room?

Confused . . .:confused:

Bags are checked at port, delivered to your stateroom and left outside your door. Some people prefer to keep their bags with them because they are uncomfortable with that. We've always checked bags and have never had any problems. We also get FTTF when we sail because we like not having to wait in line at Guest Services and we really enjoy priority tender and zone 1 debarkation. Have a fun cruise!

People are speaking of their carry-on bags that they have to tote around until their room is open. Any drinks(sodas, water) or wine that you are allowed to bring must be in your carry-on bags. Most people carry on their valuables and electronics and maybe even a set of clothes just in case.

I will also add that we love FTTF not only for the early boarding and room access, but because your checked luggage gets to your room faster. Normally we can be unpacked before the muster drill. This makes us feel like we gain a portion of that first day because we can go ahead and get unpacked and then vacation starts for real as soon as the muster drill is over. Before they offered FFTF, we would have to wait around to go to the drill and then come back and hope that our luggage had arrived or wait for it to be delivered so we could unpack and get settled.