Booking Direct with NCL UK

Blocks

3 weeks ago, I booked direct with ncl.co.uk for a B6 balcony on Epic in August 2015 receiving UDP & UBP and paying a £300 deposit. The same cruise in B6 via a TA with the same promotion has been dropping every week and is now almost £700 less than I paid.

I have called my PCC to see what my options are and been offered these:

1. Upgrade to Spa Mini-Suite (M9) at a cost of £35 each, so £105 total for 3 occupants. Booking this stateroom now would be £160 less than I paid for the B6.

2. Leave booking as is and receive $200 on board credit in addition to UDP/UBP.

3. Cancel cruise and lose my £300 deposit.

I am probably going to go with option 3 and rebook B6 with the TA, which is still close to a £400 saving, I may even wait to see if price drops further before end February. Any opinions on these options I have been given?

I now realise that if I had booked with a TA or ncl.com, different rules apply in relation to deposit/price drops and I would have been able to update my booking. This is a lesson which will likely cost me £300.

I am simply posting this so that other people are aware before booking a cruise direct with NCL in UK.

Why not rebook thru ncl.com so if it drops more, you benefit.

I agree, only issue would be the £/$ currency fluctuations and at the moment the rate is relatively low compared with recent years.

We looked at the US NCL.Com option as well, but the pound is low and fluctuating a lot so decided not risk it.

Did you have to push hard for the option two of OBC? Or did they offer this as almost a standard option.

Thanks

Dom

IMHO the booking conditions on NCL (USA) need to be the same as NCL (UK), i.e. If you cancel, you lose your deposit. However, it is no doubt all tied up in legislation on travel between USA and UK, so the chances of any changes are slim to none.:)

I have cancelled and lost my deposit. My PCC did up the offer to $300 OBC but I was fed up by that point so just cancelled.

Tried to get on ncl.com but keep getting redirected to ncl.co.uk

I may go and see what RCCL have for the similar itinerary.

Edited by Blocks

Sorry to jump in but does anyone know if in UK and book via NCL.com whether you can still pick up your latitudes status or whether you effectively end up with 2 profiles? ? just wondering whether booking this way an option for us next year but we're platinum and like the free laundry so would like to pick status up! !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Sorry to jump in but does anyone know if in UK and book via NCL.com whether you can still pick up your latitudes status or whether you effectively end up with 2 profiles?

It doesn't matter where you book, your latitudes number is your latitudes number so as long as you make sure that it is on any reservation, you're good.

Not all cruises are cheaper through the US.

The European trips Jade Spirit Epic are sometimes cheaper in the UK

you do have to watch the promotions but at the moment both get the UBP UDP so down to total price.

the 3+ promotion is down to price a lot changed(up) to make the discounts meaningless.

It is also unusual for the UK TA prices to be much lower than the current UK NCL prices and the TA is unlikely to get you further discounts unless you are using one of the US ones that has a UK presence and US prices are lower.