Dawn with teenagers

johnlatte

Just booked the Dawn to Bermuda this summer. Wife didn't want to do the BA (too big for her). I've got two teenaged girls and I know that the Dawn doesn't have all the bells and whistles as some of the larger ships, but what can I tell my kids that they can look forward too? Been on the NCL site, but really have a hard time find specifics. They aren't big on the kids/teen clubs either. They like cruising in general and we really like NCL as a product, but I have a small suspcision that they might have a hard time staying entertained while on board. Any insight would be helpful.

Same here traveling with ages 16, 21, 22, & 39. I know that the ship is just a vehicle to get us there but I am one who loves sea days and not be bored while waiting to get to the island! I loved the gem's entertainment and some peope say they are the same in many ways, I hope this is true!! Anyone agree or disagree!!

Same here traveling with ages 16, 21, 22, & 39. I know that the ship is just a vehicle to get us there but I am one who loves sea days and not be bored while waiting to get to the island! I loved the gem's entertainment and some peope say they are the same in many ways, I hope this is true!! Anyone agree or disagree!!

We're on the Dawn this summer as well. DD will be 19 and DS will be 14. There should be a lot of teens on these sailings. I will sign DS up for the teen club to give him options. DD is at awkward age - not a teenager, but not an adult either (according to NCL age guidelines).

I have never cruised the Dawn, so hoping there are enough activities for the 3 sea days. Although relaxing, and enjoying our family time will be good too :)

Sent from my iPad. Typos are inevitable.

I work with teenage girls and have been on the Dawn to Bda for 3 summers in a row. On the first sea day, they might like to go to the spa - mani/pedis, hair. Saturday night is the optional Norwegians Night Out and they might like to get a little more dressed up and have photos taken. They are free to go to shows at night and the "disco", Spinnaker, up to a certain time. Many teens hang out on the pool deck at night either in one of the pools or jacuzzis or just sitting and talking. There were also a lot of families that went to bingo in the afternoons at sea as a group - no lack of young people and teens there. Then there's checking out the shops on board too. There's only one day to kill between Boston and Bermuda. Hopefully you'll have good weather on the way back and most of the days will be spent on deck sunning and being in the pool.