Azura Refit 2015

Gazroberts80

Azura took 34 hours to get to Hamburg but allowing for time differences she may leave lunch time or early afternoon on Thursday.

Anthem of the Seas is just south of Isle of Wight and it's taken her 28 hours to get from Bremerhaven. Hamburg is a little further away but they travel the River Elbe slowly. Once on open seas they will probably open her up more so than they do when cruising with passengers.

It will give P&O time to check the ship and be sure she is ready for passengers rather than be like Aurora at Christmas with many teething issues.

Looks like won't be long now before she leaves, as the life boats are all back on now

Mark

Still no water in the dock as yet so will be a couple of hours at least, the water will be visible first. With Aurora they then put 3 tugs at the stern. Then it was imminent. :)

Really interesting Matty, had just made the assumption she had pods and had not realised she has a classic propulsion system. I'd wrongly assumed all modern Fincantieri ships had pods, as obviously the Vista class ships do, which are a similar age to the Grand class ships.

Really interesting Matty, had just made the assumption she had pods and had not realised she has a classic propulsion system. I'd wrongly assumed all modern Fincantieri ships had pods, as obviously the Vista class ships do, which are a similar age to the Grand class ships.

I believe that of the P&O fleet only Britannia and Arcadia have pods. All the Grand class are traditional.

Is it me or does it look like its listing to the left at the back?

also the two big cranes look attached maybe holding her up.

looks like my Sunday cruise may be delayed.

Mark

Hi Mark yes I agree and I would be surprised if she's ready to depart tomorrow afternoon to the Canaries!?

I don't think she seems to be sitting any different to the last couple of days. It maybe that when she resettled she didn't quite settle flat. The cranes wouldn't be holding her up that's for sure. My guess is that the prop seals may not have seated correctly or something a long those lines.