sofa "bunk" bed length- quad balcony sunshine?

rdevine10

So we are considering upgrading to a balcony for our upcoming sunshine cruise. I have seen some pictures of the oceanview (which we currently have booked) and some pictures of the balcony cabins.

We will have our 2 daughters with us in the room. Oldest DD would prefer to sleep on the bottom "bunk" sofa. I was just looking a video and the sofa seems very small. Does anyone know if this is pretty close to a standard size bed in length? Oldest DD is not hugely tall but she does need a close to normal size bed.

The sofa in the oceanview rooms does look bigger. HELP!!!! If the sofa is smaller we might just stick to our original room!

Thanks!

Edited by rdevine10

Sorry to be more clear- we have always travelled as a quad cabin with our kids. In the past our rooms all had the standard bunk beds (with the bottom sofa being the bottom bunk and a pull down).

In the videos- it seems like the width of the sofa is much smaller than the what would be needed for a bed.

And yes- you are right the cushions remove! :) thanks!

Sorry to be more clear- we have always travelled as a quad cabin with our kids. In the past our rooms all had the standard bunk beds (with the bottom sofa being the bottom bunk and a pull down).

In the videos- it seems like the width of the sofa is much smaller than the what would be needed for a bed.

And yes- you are right the cushions remove! :) thanks!

It's the same size sofa.

So we are considering upgrading to a balcony for our upcoming sunshine cruise. I have seen some pictures of the oceanview (which we currently have booked) and some pictures of the balcony cabins.

We will have our 2 daughters with us in the room. Oldest DD would prefer to sleep on the bottom "bunk" sofa. I was just looking a video and the sofa seems very small. Does anyone know if this is pretty close to a standard size bed in length? Oldest DD is not hugely tall but she does need a close to normal size bed.

The sofa in the oceanview rooms does look bigger. HELP!!!! If the sofa is smaller we might just stick to our original room!

Thanks!

Sunshine has a smaller sofa , think love seat, than the rooms on other ships I'm short 5 foot and my feet did wind up in Mom's face some mornings, did not have them pull out the bed just had then make up sofa for bed as is.. They will pull out from one side of it so the bed part is out length wise of the bed and its a regular size then. Sofas are the same size, Love Seat, in all of the rooms on Sunshine that I saw when passing by. Also no frigs. in most rooms. Go with the Balcony ..you will be glad you did.. for the extra space! ;)

Sunshine has a smaller sofa , think love seat, than the rooms on other ships I'm short 5 foot and my feet did wind up in Mom's face some mornings, did not have them pull out the bed just had then make up sofa for bed as is.. They will pull out from one side of it so the bed part is out length wise of the bed and its a regular size then. Sofas are the same size, Love Seat, in all of the rooms on Sunshine that I saw when passing by. Also no frigs. in most rooms. Go with the Balcony ..you will be glad you did.. for the extra space! ;)

thank you- that is exactly what I needed to know!!!!!