Where have all the cocktail servers gone?

Getting drinks in the MDR has been problematic for more than a few years, no matter the cruise line.

Definitely agree here. I remember having great bar service in the dining room years ago. We sailed on the Indy in 2010 and the service was so bad that several people from my table walked over to the closest bar and ordered drinks on a nightly basis. I think we saw our bar server once and I noted it on my survey. This was before the drink packages were offered, so not sure why they would cut back this way.

we haven't sailed RCI yet...but carnival 4 times and the first couple I seem to remember them being all over (I don't want to mis-remember like Brian Williams) Anyway...the last couple I don't remember them as much, but then maybe I wasn't paying attention, we just made regular stops to the bar.

One place that was annoying though was the main theatre during a comedy show...I forget the dude's name.....Macio, that's what it was. Anyhow the place was packed and we were way up on the upper level....wanted a beer pretty bad, stuck in and around a bunch of people....as it turned out, he wasn't that funny anyway. I think he was over hyped on that cruise. He also picked up a few shows because the other scheduled comedian missed the boat or something.....

But anyway....