Kodak z740???

I just purchased this model to replace a Nikon Coolpix the went belly up a few weeks ago.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the camera. Very easy to use. Several settings that are pretty easy to figure out. There is a button to control the flash settings no matter what picture setting you're on, which comes in handy for me. Nice resolution and good color to the pics I've taken with it.

The weak point is that there is no image stabilization with the zoom. When you're fully extended, you can't keep your target in frame without a tripod. The lens is generally quick enough to get a good picture it's just that you have a really tough time getting the picture framed correctly.

My wife's camera is a Cannon S1 IS. It has been replaced on the market by the Cannon S2 IS. It is a little more complex to figure out all the settings but, it takes superior pics IMO and it has image stabiliztion which really helps out when the zoom lens is fully extended.

Unfortunately, the Cannon is almost $500 while I got my Kodak Z740 for $332 on sale a few weeks ago at Circuit City.

I have yet to give the Kodak a really good working out so my opinion of it could change in the next few months but, as of this moment, I'm very happy with it. Lot's of good features, 5 mp and 10X optical zoom for less then $350 is a good buy IMO.

Archived