Getaway Sofa Beds -- Do they make them every day?

Wish Upon A Star

We are sailing on the Getaway in a few weeks, and I am curious about the sofa bed situation. Do they leave the bed made up all the time and turn it down at night, or do they return it to its sofa state during the day.

Carnival leaves it as a bed all the time, which I didn't like. Often my daughter would sit in her wet swimsuit during the day, and it just seemed icky.

Disney has the wonderful sofa beds that really are a sofa and a bed! Wish everyone could be like that, but I know that isn't how the world works.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Your room steward will do whatever you want. Just let them know. We had ours left as a bed, but we told the steward not to bother putting it back to the sofa. That was on Breakaway in a mini-suite. When we were on the Jewel, the steward changed it from bed to sofa each day. That was also a mini-suite.

Was on Getaway last August. Have it booked for this August as well. It really is just like Disney. Biggest "difference" is that there are little light switches by the door. This tells your stateroom host to makes up the room. Get to know your host and let him/her know what you need. We had Winnie on Getaway (we were in a B6 cabin) and she was great. Rank her as my second fav after Clifford who we last saw on the Fantasy.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

Ours was left like a bed the first 2 nights, and we'd put it back as a sofa ourselves. Our room steward caught on, and for the rest of the week he changed it back for us. We would have said something to him, but just didn't think of it when running into him.

On all our NCL cruises we had 3 - 5 people in our room (inside or balcony). Any couch was changed between couch and bed each day. We did not discuss this with the room stewart, so I believe this is what they automatically will do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here. On every NCL cruise we have taken as a family the steward has changed between bed and sofa each day without us discussing it with them.

I had assumed that it is the way they do it unless you specify otherwise.