Have yoiu had an excursion "sell out" before?

Savlamara

We were a group of 4 and we didn't book our excursion until the night before we ported in Puerto Vallarta. It was funny because the TV took our reservation and then the next morning we find out it was overbooked. We approached a cab driver made a deal for a tour of the city and had a great time. It all worked out for us.

We are on an April breeze sailing and according to cruisett we will be one of 5 ships for 2 of our ports of call. I want to pre-book a carnival excursion now, but my family wants to wait until we are on board to book. I'd hate to pre-book for our cabin and then the rest of the family dont get in the same tour once on board. Have you ever had a general excursion sell out?

I mean actual tours, not cabanas or FTTF.

Yes it did happen to us on our last cruise. Two of us pre booked a tour and the others tried to book it once on board but it was sold out. They did however get enough people to schedule a second tour so they got to go but not with us.

ALWAYS pre-book. Excursions can most definitely sell out, and I personally wouldn't take the risk if it were something I really wanted to do.

I pre-booked our Turtle Cove and Cavern Snorkel Adventure excursion way in advance because I didn't want it to sell out because it's the one I'm looking forward to the most, and it's also very popular so the likelihood of it selling out is pretty good.

Yes. Our first cruise we didn't know about pre-booking shore excursions. But even on our second cruise the excursion I really wanted was booked. Now I always book as soon as the excursions become available. I'd rather cancel down the road than miss something I really want to do.