Bahamas or Bermuda on Breakaway

Vacationlover2

If you had a choice between Bermuda or Bahamas, which would you do? Bermuda would be mid September and Bahamas early November.

We have never been to Bermuda. We also have never been to ncl private island or port Canaveral.

How is the private island? Does the UBP work on it?

Bermuda will be $600 more for the same category.

Thanks all!!!

No contest, Bermuda!

Being in port for three days is great. You can plan excursions on your own, because the only timing you need to worry about is the all aboard time on the third day. For example, you can do evening boat tours or enjoy dinner ashore. No one hassles you to buy anything when you're ashore. Public transportation is inexpensive and easy to navigate. And Bermuda is absolutely beautiful.

However, September is hurricane season, so consider that before booking. If a storm interferes with your cruise, you could be diverted to the Bahamas or Canada instead.

Edited by jplain

Bermuda. Bermuda. Bermuda.

Yes, the UBP is good on GSC. If the weather is very windy and the captain deems it unsafe to tender, there may be a chance you will miss it. Just a heads up.

Have fun with whatever you choose.

Love Breakaway! We will be sailing her again in early November :D

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

BER-MU-DA...Bermuda...Bermuuuuuda!!!

Seriously, Bermuda is amazing. It is clean, naturally beautiful, safe, and the people are super nice and friendly. We should not have made that our first cruise destination, because it ruined us for all other islands! We went on the Bahamas itinerary last summer, and we had a great vacation, but were completely underwhelmed by Nassau in comparison to Bermuda. We're seriously climbing the walls in excitement waiting to head back to Bermuda this summer!

I went to Bermuda twice in Sept and I am booked for Sept again this year. Once we had to leave a day early to avoid a hurricane but hurricanes are rare there. I have been to most caribbean islands and still think the beaches in bermuda are the best.

This thread is perfect timing! I sailed Breakaway in October and really enjoyed the Bahamas itinerary much more than I thought I would. GSC was especially lovely.

Because we had so much fun on the Breakaway, I came home & immediately started looking at the Bermuda itinerary and have been tempted to book for May but didn't know if I would really like being in Bermuda for 3 days.

Well you guys totally sealed the deal with your rave reviews so Bermuda here we come!:)