Beaches

Dr.Mabuse

We took the bus to Palm Beach three weeks ago. $2 round trip. It's only about 15 minutes (Eagle would be less, the bus goes past there.) It's true, Eagle has no hotels and is less crowded. We preferred Palm. There's lots of facilities including a pier with restaurant and bar. Lots of water sports. It was not too crowded for comfort. We got gouged on the shade, though. $26 for an umbrella and two beach loungers. Your choice, Doc.

Hi

We're also going on the Coral 9/20/05--I'm a little late, but need to find more information on all port excursions--we booked this cruise months ago--but are only able to concentrate on this now.

This sounds like a wonderful cruise--can't wait

Nancy & John

There's a pedestrian walkway between two hotels that leads from the road to the beach. If memory serves, it is on the east side of the Radisson. That opens out on to the beach at the pier. Just west of there are umbrellas and loungers for rent. There may be others too, but we didn't explore any further. There are no washrooms on the pier. Try the dive shop.

Just a caution that I posted on another thread. I sat under an umbrella for two hours and got quite red. It was either reflected sun from the water or more likely some percentage of the sun penetrating the weave of the umbrella. Wear sunscreen even in the shade.

Seal,

Glad to hear from you. There is a Roll Call group for our cruise. Have you checked it out? I think it is on the second page of that forum right now. Check the Ports of Call section also. We have booked Phil Layfayette in Jamaica for the Falls and river tubing. Got all of the information from this board. It is loaded it information.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived