River Side Cabin???

spindrift

Can any of you who have sailed the Nuremburg to Budapest Danube cruise tell me which side of the ship when it is moored faces the river and not the dock side?

I know it is different in some of the ports, but what is your recommendation to have a room facing the river more often than the dock.

Thanks for your input?

We did this one last December but only as far as Vienna. We were on the starboard side, and were mostly on the dock side. But in a couple of cities, other river cruise boats tied up along side us, so that those on the port side had a less attractive view than we did. The view also depends on how high your cabin is. Either way, it was a great way to travel. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Spindrift,

We were on Uniworld's River Empress for the Christmas Markets tour last December. I know that other company's boats tied up to us, so it is not only the same lines do this. It seems to be how much space there is in a city at any point in time. Since the berths are probably scheduled well in advance, you might be able to ask your line which side of the boat will give you the best views.

• 1 month later...

Actually, we will be on the Artistry on August 11, 2005 doing the Legendary Danube from Nurenberg to Budapest. I would love to do it before this time; however, we already have other trips planned. I had booked port side as I understand the bow of the boat faces "upstream" but now I am reading that maybe port is on the dock side in most ports. I definitely want riverside. I was on the inaugural of the Artistry in May and I was port, river side. I was really glad about that. Any comments?

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from GCT Grat Rivers in July. We had a balcony cabin on the starboard side. Our view flip-flopped at every port. A LOT of times we had ships from other lines tied up to us. I doubt you can get the company to tell you which side is "best".

Archived