Do I need FTTF for Valor out of Port Canaveral?

Luckyone2

i want to confirm that if we arrive after one, there will be virtually no lines for embarkation. I bought FTTF really for the purpose of early disembarkation, but we always self assist, and I have been reading that FTTF is not necessary for that purpose. Loved FTTF on our last cruise when there were a lot of tender ports, but I think that on this eastern cruise there are no tender ports. I had thought that it made disembarkation easier, but my mind was not clear on that until I did some research on these boards. Getting to my room earlier is not a priority. What is a priority is avoiding crowds on embarkation.

Thank you!

Agree with above. Port Canaveral has great facilities, but you can expect some lines whenever you sail. I usually arrive there around 11am + I'm onboard by noon. Usually can't get into the cabin till around 1pm. Self-assist disembarkation usually around 7-7:30 + very smooth. FTTF not worth it IMO.

i want to confirm that if we arrive after one, there will be virtually no lines for embarkation. I bought FTTF really for the purpose of early disembarkation, but we always self assist, and I have been reading that FTTF is not necessary for that purpose. Loved FTTF on our last cruise when there were a lot of tender ports, but I think that on this eastern cruise there are no tender ports. I had thought that it made disembarkation easier, but my mind was not clear on that until I did some research on these boards. Getting to my room earlier is not a priority. What is a priority is avoiding crowds on embarkation.

Thank you!

If you are self assist then you don't need it.

Thank you!

You don't need it for self assist. As for embarkation, nobody can rightly confirm you won't have to wait in line at all no matter when you arrive at port short of 3:00, which is right before the ship leaves. Checking in is busiest from 12-2 from my experience.

We have FTTF on the Liberty where there were tender ports. FTTF was definitely worth the money for that. We arrived early for embarkation so I don't think that FTTF helped with that. However, it was great to go straight to our room. I just couldn't remember about the early disembarkation. Also, it was very cool to be able to go to the FTTF in guest services. Thank you, everyone, for your input. I love this board.