Advise please- Breakaway vs Gem

cuculola

I've sailed both ships as an adult with no kids, the on-board activities are pretty much the same when you are looking at indoor activities.

I did the 10 day in 2013 in Nov (so colder weather), and we were into comfortable bathing suit temps by the 2nd sea day. There were even some brave souls out on day 1! When it was too cool to be outside, we had a lot of fun with bingo, trivia, scavenger hunts, murder mystery lunch, or just relaxing with a book or a martini. Or both. We found plenty of activities to keep us occupied.

As for the ports, I did both San Juan and St Maarten on my own with nothing booked or planned. San Juan we just walked up to the fort and wandered around, in St Maarten we took a cab to Maho beach to watch the planes.

Edited by laurabegorrah

If your are cost conscious and are party people why not get a balcony or room where u both get the free drink package? The gem is a great ship. There will b plenty of people ur age there. Its a great value. I just booked the breakaway to Bermuda. Cost more but been on the gem twice

The Florida port is an hour from Disney

The best excursion in Nassau is Atlantis. Crazy not to go

The private island is nice but the beach is Rocky

Edited by Snapperhead