Airport shuttle to Comfort Inn Airport/Seaport FLL

suzanne911

This is probably a dumb question, but we have booked the Comfort Inn AP/SP in FLL, and I was wondering how we get the shuttle from airport to hotel when our flight arrives. Do we call the hotel from the airport, or do they make regular scheduled rounds to the airport?

No, this is not a dumb question. When you get off the plane, proceed to the baggage area. When you get your luggage, you will see a bank of phones for the different hotels in the area, find the Comfort Inn where you are staying and simply give them a call, they will then tell you where to stand outside the baggage area. When you see the van pull up, flag them down, be sure its the van for your hotel (I almost got on the wrong one once) and your off. Very simple.

Is this the Comfort Inn on Stirling Road?

I wouldn't want to spend a whole vacation there, but for pre-cruise it was perfect.

Restaurant/bar right by the pool, omlet station/breakfast bar in the morning (included), shuttle from the airport and to the cruiseport (included), right next to a shopping center with KMart, Barnes & Noble, dollar stores, clothing stores, Big Lots, grocery store, Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonalds... all in easy walking distance.

Wasn't horrendously expensive, rooms were clean, TV worked, beds were relatively comfortable (I thought they were fine, but beds are a subjective thing).

I would stay there again. However, next cruise is out of Miami, not FLL, so we'll stay closer to there.

Yes, I have stayed there and agree with the poster above that I wouldn't want to spend a week there, but a pre or post cruise stay is perfect. I haven't stayed here since I discovered priceline, but I do, however, book my stay here as a back up to priceline in case priceline doesn't come through for me. But I wouldn't hesitate to spend the night here before my cruise. Nothing lavish, but I have always found it to be clean and the staff to be friendly and helpful.

We stayed there last October for our night before cruise and I think you'll be fine (we're such party animals we were asleep by 8pm anyway :rolleyes: ). We liked that it was close to shopping facilities to pick up water/beer/soda.

My biggest problem with this hotel wasn't the hotel's fault. A previous cruise we stayed at the Marriott Marina and that was fabulous. So obviously I shouldn't even try to compare the two. We saved money by staying at the Comfort Inn and the shuttle from airport & to the port was great.

The way I look at it, it's another thing I've learned. I think you'll be fine for one night.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure the rooms vary in quality. Ours smelled bad, the A/C was blowing right on the bed, there was a lot of noise. The room was dingy and depressing.It was adequate for one night in the same way sleeping in your car is adequate for one night. We had a ground floor room. Maybe some of the rooms are better. They did have a decent breakfast around the pool and the staff was courteous if not overly enthusiastic.

Stay at the airport La Quinta. A much better value for your money.

They have a shuttle from the airport, a shuttle to the cruise port and a nice free breakfast.

Archived