Traveling with Teens on the Quantum

nicmur143

Very excited to board the Quantum on February 20th with two 16 year olds in tow! Are there any other travelers out there who have already sailed on the Quantum that had teens? If so, how was it for them? Was there plenty to do to keep them busy and entertained? Did they go to the teen club? Any feedback would be appreciated!!:)

Hi there- we are also boarding Quantum on 2/20 with our 3 daughters, 13, 16 and 18 (she just turned 18 last week). I'm also wondering the same thing. We've been on other cruises before and they've always enjoyed themselves but believe they were getting a little bored towards the end of the cruise. They all tried the "living room" which is the teen section but just ended up hanging out with us most of the time. I'm hoping with the Quantum that it will be different since there seems to be a little more to do that will appeal to them. They all tend to be on the shy side and don't really put themselves out there. I just want them to have a great time. If you should find any tips or hear of anything to do specifically geared for the teens please let me know and I'll do the same. I hope you guys have a wonderful time!

Michelle

Michelle, we are traveling with our son who is 16 and our niece who is also 16. We've cruised since he was 8 years old and he always finds stuff to do. Our niece has never been on a cruise. I really hope they go to the living room, at least in the beginning, just to hook up with other teens. My son always did the adventure ocean at every age and loved it. The teen years brought with it the opinion that the "teen club" was lame. We shall see! I will keep you posted if I hear anything, and let me know if you get more info!! Can't wait for this cruise!!

Given that it's NH vacation week, I suspect there will be quite a few teens on the ship. We're bringing our 3 boys, 17 1/2, 14, 12.

We haven't sailed on RC before, but on Carnival we noticed that the kids that go to the teen club on the first night (introductions, etc) tend to form groups that hang out together throughout the cruise, whereas it might be more difficult to break that ice later if they don't go. Not sure if it's the same on RC or not, but we'll all be finding out soon!

Very excited to board the Quantum on February 20th with two 16 year olds in tow! Are there any other travelers out there who have already sailed on the Quantum that had teens? If so, how was it for them? Was there plenty to do to keep them busy and entertained? Did they go to the teen club? Any feedback would be appreciated!!:)

To be perfectly blunt, if your teens get bored on Quantum then they are the most boring kids in the world! That ship is made for active lifestyles and perfect for kids and teens. A bazillion things to do. They should absolutely love it and so will you.

Have a Great cruise! :D

We will be sailing with my 16 year old daughter on Feb 20th as well. She is also on the shy side at first but absolutely loves activity. We were on the Oasis last year and although her home base was The Living Room...she and a group of about 5 teens boys and girls kept busy all week. If for those that are sailing on the 20th with teens, if they like to be active and use the flow rider and rock climbing wall and all other activities, my daughter would love it. Not sure what your kids are interested in. She had a blast.

Our DD is 21 now but on our recent Quantum cruise we saw teens having great times at the trapeze school, xbox, bumper cars, ifly, ping pong tables, arcade room, etc. There is also roller skating, northstar and lots of pools, There are more things to do and more interesting places to hang out on Quantum than on other ships - I think your teens will have a blast.

We're also on the Feb 20th sailing with my 16 year old son and 16 year old niece. We were on NCL when they were 14....my son spent a majority of the cruise in the teen club. I think he had 5 dinners with the family and the rest of the time, he was with the kids he met from the teen club. My niece spent most of the time with the family. It looks like there are plenty of activities and with NH vacation week, it looks like there will be a lot of teens.

We are also on the Feb. 20 sailing with our Daughter and Grandson 13 and Granddaughter 14 it is their first cruise. I suggested they attend the teen greet the first night then they decide what they want to do. I know they are looking forward to trying it all.

The SeaPlex has plenty to do for teens. Between the various activities on the main floor (b-ball, v-ball, bumper cars, skating +more that rotate every couple hours every day), there's the ping pong and air hockey tables and Xboxs. A 2nd indoor pool (solarium supposed to be 18+) if they want to swim when it's cold out.

• 1 month later...

Would love to know how your teens got on on your recent Quantum cruises?! We are taking our 2 teenage sons (16 & 13) on Anthem in July for our first ever cruise and I so want them to enjoy it. I have no doubt my youngest will find friends and be on the go all day all evening, but my 16 yo is quite shy. Any hints/tips gratefully received 😁 Thanks.

We just got off Quantum with a 13 Yo DD and 10 Yo DS.

One thing is for sure this sip has a TON for teens to do. Of course our cruise was during spring break so they had to separate the teen group it was too big. They had 12-14 and 15-17 groups.

During the day my 13 was most likely found on the flowrider or in the seaplex. She had to have dinner with the family each night and go to the show (if we had one) but then she was free to go hang out with her new friends.

Every evening the teen club had activities like, teen only flowrider, teen only bumber cars, dance party.

My advice is for your kids to go to teen club the first night they have a get to know you activity. Most kids are looking for someone to hang out with. Remind your 16 YO that very few kids on ship will know each.

Would love to know how your teens got on on your recent Quantum cruises?! We are taking our 2 teenage sons (16 & 13) on Anthem in July for our first ever cruise and I so want them to enjoy it. I have no doubt my youngest will find friends and be on the go all day all evening, but my 16 yo is quite shy. Any hints/tips gratefully received Thanks.

We just got off from a March 21 sailing and our 15 year old son finally warmed up to the seaplex the last couple of days. He is shy as well, but very athletic and I kept telling him to go down and play basketball, soccer, dodge ball etc and he wouldn't go. I took him down and made him watch one day, then after that, he started to warm up to the idea to the point of spending the whole last sea day there. All the scheduled events there are supervised by a crew member and he never had any problems.

Would love to know how your teens got on on your recent Quantum cruises?! We are taking our 2 teenage sons (16 & 13) on Anthem in July for our first ever cruise and I so want them to enjoy it. I have no doubt my youngest will find friends and be on the go all day all evening, but my 16 yo is quite shy. Any hints/tips gratefully received 😁 Thanks.

We got off last week - two boys, 17 & 15. They went to The Living Room the first night and never went back. It was their 5th cruise, so they are not new to kids programs...and they have cruised as teens before. I think they have reached the age where they are beyond it. Our 17 yo spent more time with us than he ever has...not sure if it's the realization that he's going off to college soon or what. We traveled with another family with a 12yo girl, 15 & 16 yo boys, and they too wanted no part in it.

We were on a spring break sailing, and there were tons of kids onboard. Maybe there were TOO many? IDK. They were happy just relaxing and hanging out.

Hi Just got off Quantum with our boy and girl who turned 15 on the cruise. They did not want to go to the 1st night teens meet and greet but turned up at the Living Room on the second day with a pack of cards and started to play. Other teens soon joined in with them and it was a great way to meet other people. After that either would of them would drop in to check what was happening.

i was surprised that they were not into many activities e.g. bumper cars etc as they did not want to join the queues.

After the 3 very active shore days, they were happy to relax for the last 2 days and enjoy the lovely weather.

They thought Mama Mia and the food were great. They really enjoyed the whole experience - I am sure you will have a wonderful time.