Quick question from an NCL newbie

jacketwatch

We have booked the Getaway for may 2nd and I have a quick question. On the other cruise lines I've taken you can bring two bottles of wine on board with embarkation for in cabin use only and there is no fee for this. Is this true with NCL or is there a corkage fee?

Thank you. Larry

Not to be rude, but most questions can be answered by checking the FAQ

section of NCL website.

You may bring as many bottles of wine as you want. There is a $15.00 corkage fee, no matter where you drink it. the restaurant staff will chill it, open it and serve it. They will also store it to finish later. Doesn't matter which restaurant you subsequently dine in; they will retrieve it.

We have booked the Getaway for may 2nd and I have a quick question. On the other cruise lines I've taken you can bring two bottles of wine on board with embarkation for in cabin use only and there is no fee for this. Is this true with NCL or is there a corkage fee?

Thank you. Larry

From NCL FAQ

"Can I bringing alcohol on board?

All guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. Please note that with the exception of Wine and Champagne, all guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on board our ships. If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, we will safely store your purchase(s) and either on the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation it will be available for pick up in a designated area. Wine & Champagne Policy Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below. 750 ml Bottle: $15.00 1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board."

Thanks for the info. Also I think one purpose of this forum is to be able to ask and give such information and I appreciate that and am happy to help when I can.

JM2C. Larry

Exactly...and we all can buy a guide book or go to the library, but I also think this should be a place to get quick answers.

Thanks for the info. Also I think one purpose of this forum is to be able to ask and give such information and I appreciate that and am happy to help when I can.

JM2C. Larry

I see where you are going with this... and I couldn't agree more.

So not to highjack your thread, but I have another question keeping in line with the topic, let's consider it a follow up question:

If you open and consume this wine in your stateroom, how / when do they charge you this corkage fee for said wine that you uncorked (or twisted open) yourself.

And just as an aside I have exhaustively searched the FAQ's on NCL's website, and read their T's and C's with a fine tooth comb, I didn't find anything pertaining to "method or time of payment".

I see where you are going with this... and I couldn't agree more.

So not to highjack your thread, but I have another question keeping in line with the topic, let's consider it a follow up question:

If you open and consume this wine in your stateroom, how / when do they charge you this corkage fee for said wine that you uncorked (or twisted open) yourself.

And just as an aside I have exhaustively searched the FAQ's on NCL's website, and read their T's and C's with a fine tooth comb, I didn't find anything pertaining to "method or time of payment".

You pay before you board the ship. I don't think people are being snarky when they say to use the search function, just that many times, it's a quicker way to get a question answered. I'm going to say there are hundreds of threads on this topic, also stating where you make the payment.

You pay the corkage fee during the boarding process. It doesn't matter where you open it as you have already paid.

Put your bottles in your carry on not your checked luggage. Then you can pay in the terminal before boarding. Otherwise the bottles will be seen on the x ray of your bags and sent to the naughty room. Instead of having your bags delivered to your room you will get a letter to go and collect them yourself after opening the bag, showing your offending items and then paying the corkage fee. You can then carry your own bags to your cabin.

The question is asked often, and there is usually a related active topic on the first page. Right now, there is not. It is a good question.

To confirm - $15 per 750ml wine bottle. No limit. does not matter where you drink it, or if it has a cork.

Of course, it is sometimes hard to find the active topic when the subject/title is not descriptive. Please, do not take this wrong, just pointing out that everyone is served better when the title is descriptive. After all, most of the topics here are "quick questions".