Sunday Excursion to Horseshoe

johnlatte

Our cruise boat docks in on a Sunday, given the limited transportation, and sight seeing options on that day, I was thinking about booking the ships transfer to Horseshoe beach. It falls in line price wise with the Blue Flag transports, but we would be assured of getting back on board with minimum hassles. I don't want to get stuck at the beach on a late Sunday afternoon trying to get back to the ship.

Thoughts?

Last year they were running a shuttle service to Horseshoe Beach...I think around $16 round trip, so if that's available this year it will save you a lot of money versus the ship's excursion.

Also comparing the price of the excursion to blue flag taxi rates is comparing apples to oranges. Blue flag taxi tours are at an hourly rate of $50 for up to 4 passengers with a 3 hour minimum. Even a regular taxi will cost far more than either the ship's excursion or the shuttle...almost $45 in each direction including the Sunday surcharge.

Last year they were running a shuttle service to Horseshoe Beach...I think around $16 round trip, so if that's available this year it will save you a lot of money versus the ship's excursion.

Also comparing the price of the excursion to blue flag taxi rates is comparing apples to oranges. Blue flag taxi tours are at an hourly rate of $50 for up to 4 passengers with a 3 hour minimum. Even a regular taxi will cost far more than either the ship's excursion or the shuttle...almost $45 in each direction including the Sunday surcharge.

When will the shuttle service start?

Laura

Rest assured that if there is ship in port, Bermuda will do it's best to accommodate. Tourism is one of their most important financial resources. Keep checking the Bermuda Travel and Tourism sites and, when it gets closer to cruise season, there will be lots of information about the buses, ferries, and shuttles. I think it is about April 1st that they seem to start posting the information.