The walls are thin!

TxSandMom

Just got back from an Ecstasy cruise. Man, the couple in the next room from us must have been MISERABLE!! One evening, the wife just blasted the husband because he apparently lost his room key and blamed it on the kids (their kids were 1 and 2). She laid into him on and off for nearly SEVEN HOURS. Once it hit 10:30, I called security and they came and asked them to tone it down. The poor guy!!! And, he never raised his voice back at her; he just let her tear him up one side and down another. It was awful. He seemed really nice, but she certainly had a hair across. She cursed the cruise (well, the ship... she was happy with the destination), she cursed the kids, she cursed her husband. I didn't have to strain to hear one word. We left for dinner and when we came back she was still at it. We left again, got the kids from childcare, came back and she was STILL at it. At one point, she told her husband to leave and not come back!! Next day, she started up again!

Remember - the walls are thin.

It is a shame that , besides making her husbands life miserable, she had to put a damper on your vacation too. It is no surprise that people land up missing on some cruises. This guy missed his chance for the perfect crime.:D

We always wonder how some marriages work. Like the Clintons. Maybe this is how their marriage works. It almost sounds like my first marriage (she passed away) not she didn't go overboard. I was quiet and she was, well you aren't supposed to badmouth the dead.

That was a great joke, BMember! That screaming gal is lucky she didn't have me for a neighbor. I would have shown her who the bigger B@*%$ is. At the very least, security would have been called multiple times(far more than TxMom did) until she shut up, or we got a mid-cruise room upgrade & some serious credit for our inconvenience. No one needs that on their vacation. We cruise Fascination on Oct 10th, & I really hope we have quiet neighbors. LOL;)

On our last cruise, the lady in the cabin next to ours apologized to me and hoped she and her husband didn't bother us with all the "noise" they were making the night before (wink-wink)...they were on their honeymoon...and they were also in their 80's!

Fortunately, the walls on Princess aren't as thin as the ones on Carnival. The thought of it still haunts me!

Kris

On our last cruise, the lady in the cabin next to ours apologized to me and hoped she and her husband didn't bother us with all the "noise" they were making the night before (wink-wink)...they were on their honeymoon...and they were also in their 80's!

Fortunately, the walls on Princess aren't as thin as the ones on Carnival. The thought of it still haunts me!

Kris

Would that be kind of like the thought of your parents or grandparents "gettin busy" next door?:eek:

Just got back from an Ecstasy cruise. Man, the couple in the next room from us must have been MISERABLE!! One evening, the wife just blasted the husband because he apparently lost his room key and blamed it on the kids (their kids were 1 and 2). She laid into him on and off for nearly SEVEN HOURS. Once it hit 10:30, I called security and they came and asked them to tone it down. The poor guy!!! And, he never raised his voice back at her; he just let her tear him up one side and down another. It was awful. He seemed really nice, but she certainly had a hair across. She cursed the cruise (well, the ship... she was happy with the destination), she cursed the kids, she cursed her husband. I didn't have to strain to hear one word. We left for dinner and when we came back she was still at it. We left again, got the kids from childcare, came back and she was STILL at it. At one point, she told her husband to leave and not come back!! Next day, she started up again!

Remember - the walls are thin.

That guys wife is pathetic. Room keys are most likely free to replace. What a totally stupid reason to throw a fit over.... and for several hours??? I'm single and never been married, however, if were me I would divorce her as soon as possible and try to get custody over the kids so that they wouldn't have to have to deal with her verbal abuse. Moreover, I would of took the wife's advise and leave the cabin and not return for the rest of the cruise. I think I would rather sleep in the halls or down in the lounge rather that be in a cabin with a nut case like her.

I feel so sorry for the guy:( Imagine if this happened while they were on vacation what it would be like when they are at home:rolleyes: Maybe he should of left but knew it would only add wood to the fire since she was burning hot already.

Perhaps the walls were not that thin....Maybe she was just Loud..........

I think that might very well be the case. It amazes me how loud and nasty some people can be on a cruise...well or anywhere for that matter.

I'm on a cruise to have a good time, whatever that might mean, but I think those people probably brought their problems with them from ashore.

Too bad

The only issue we had on the Glory was on our balcony that you really needed to be careful how loudly you talked. I didn't realize it until after a couple of days when the people from the cabin next door were out on their balcony in the morning and I could hear most every word they said. They were just speaking in a normal tone. Also, there was a reflection and I could see part of them too...from the belly down. Not a good thing!

My wife has a mood ring that gives me a great indication of the mood she is in.

When the ring is green, she is as delightful as can be. When the ring makes a red mark on my forehead, I know she's not happy about something.

You are to funny !

LOL

But onanother note.. Those children were very young... Talk about Verbal abuse !

The woman needs help...

I don't think that the walls are thin. We had a couple by us on the CELEBRATION that were, shall we say, amorous? 2 or 3 times a day, the sound of moaning could be heard, coming through the walls. Not loud, but if you pressed your ear tightly against the wall, you could hear it clearly. ;)

Umm no, I can vouch that the walls ARE indeed thin. On our first cruise, my hubby (then boyfriend) got a little too carried away :o and our neighbors had to beat on the wall to tell us they could hear us.

Ironic thing was, one of the girls in that room worked in my companies corporate office. I have to see her about three times a week. :eek:

Poor guy...the shame of it is that he probably figures that he is stuck with her.

If he leaves now, he will have to pay child support for the kids until they are out of college (not saying that he wouldn't take care of them anyway) and he will have to pay her money for years and years on end not to mention split up the assets and keep paying for things like the mortgage and car.

Divorce stinks and is so one-sided.

My wife has a mood ring that gives me a great indication of the mood she is in.

When the ring is green, she is as delightful as can be. When the ring makes a red mark on my forehead, I know she's not happy about something.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D :D :D :D too funny!!!!!

By the way.....Love the screen name...hehe

Hey...good for the couple who were "in their room" 2-3 times a day. While it's important to spend some time in your cabin (read between the lines), I don't want to miss anything on the ship or in port either! It is more romantic on a cruise, isn't it??

I don't think that the walls are thin. We had a couple by us on the CELEBRATION that were, shall we say, amorous? 2 or 3 times a day, the sound of moaning could be heard, coming through the walls. Not loud, but if you pressed your ear tightly against the wall, you could hear it clearly. ;)

I'll tell my wife to be more quiet next time.

And what were you doing with your ear to our wall? :eek:

Archived