Sorry another UBP ?

littlelulu01

Three adults sailing Mediterranean on the jade. I have the UBP. I don't drink. i love soda but not any fruity non alcoholic drinks. DD's I take it will be given the soda card because they are not 25? One is 20 and one 24. They don't drink soda but would drink fruity NA drinks. they would drink alcoholic drinks too. The way I'm reading NCL site it looks like dd age 24 may qualify for UBP because of Europe sailing but sounds like age 20 cant have an UBP? Just wondering if I should even try and if anyone has had luck getting UBP for age 20 if sailing in Europe? I don't need to fill out a form or anything for dd age 20 do drink on ship per NCL for Europe sailings so I was thinking couldn't they just put the UBP sticker on her card and the soda sticker on my card?

I can't help on the age aspect, but I'm pretty sure that getting the UBP transferred to another would take more than just moving the sticker to a different card.

I believe that the account would be flagged to show that someone has the package. The sticker is probably more a visual aid to the bartender that you have the package.

I wouldn't count on being able to swap it at check in. All I can suggest is calling NCL to see if anything can be done now. I suspect that it won't be easy.

Drinking age on European itineraries is 18, but the minimum age for the UBP is still 21. (Under 21s can purchase the Corks and Caps package.) The 25 year old minimum is only applicable for spring break, and there is no spring break restriction for European itineraries.

So your 20-year old daughter is not eligible for the UBP. Your 24-year old could have it, so make sure that she is listed as guest 2 on your booking and she should get it for free under the current promo. Have a great time on the Jade!

Edited by hawkeyetlse

I was told that my 20 year old daughter could partake in the ubp if I fill out some form with Ncl prior to our cruise??

Leah

I don't think so.

According to the terms and conditions, one must be 21 years of age to purchase (use) an alcoholic package...

http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

There is a parental consent associated with 18-20 y/o folks, but that does not apply to the UBP.

I'm just going on what my pcc told me.

I'm sure. The question marks in your post suggested that you were asking for confirmation.

I'm not sure whether the information your PCC has given is correct or not. The NCL website states that under 21s can drink just beer and wine with parents consent, but that may just be for cruises out of the US. It isn't all that clear to me on a brief read.

Edited by KeithJenner

I'm going to try and change my daughters to passenger one and two and me to passenger three. Not sure if this can be done but will ask ta. From what I've read it does not look favorable to get it changed once on board. If I am passenger three and passenger 3 only gets soda pkg then we very well may only have one passenger with qualifying UBP pkg. Not really even sure if I can switch up the passenger listings. I've paid in full but am still within cancelation period.

BTW, the 25 age limit for the UBP is only during Spring Break. People can still drink at 21, but NCL is avoiding giving away the package to college students who would not only take advantage, but ruin the cruise with their drunken behavior if they weren't at least being aware of what they're spending on booze.

Aren't the rules different for Europe? I think the drinking age there is 18, so neither of them would have a problem.
The rules are different, but they are not as simple as saying "18 and over, no problem". NCL still has restrictions in place for 18-20 year olds on European cruises: in particular, they cannot have the UBP. (See here for the T&C of the UBP on http://www.ncl.eu.)

Out of curiosity, why did you choose the UBP? You also have the option to get OBC or UDP instead, if the UBP isn't the most helpful option for you. Not sure if your TA made you aware of those options.

I was able to pick three. It's two cruises b2b. I got $400 obc, kids sail half on one leg and KSF on the other leg. So it was either pick ubp or Udp. Port intensive trip so didn't want to be tied to dining times. Both daughters drink, one is in Europe for the year and has been legal to drink at 20 this entire school year. I'm a big diet Pepsi fan. Ubp perk will be a better deal for us even if only one person uses it.

Both daughters drink, one is in Europe for the year and has been legal to drink at 20 this entire school year. I'm a big diet Pepsi fan. Ubp perk will be a better deal for us even if only one person uses it.
Just to make it clear: the 20 year old will not be able to order free drinks under the UBP (if they apply their alcohol policy strictly). You mentioned trying to switch around your passenger order to make yourself passenger #3. I would recommend not doing this, because you will most likely end up with only 1 UBP for the cabin. Leave yourself as guest #1, older daughter as guest #2, and you will both get the UBP. And between the two of you, I think you can find ways to keep your younger daughter's glass full… :p

Just to make it clear: the 20 year old will not be able to order free drinks under the UBP (if they apply their alcohol policy strictly). You mentioned trying to switch around your passenger order to make yourself passenger #3. I would recommend not doing this, because you will most likely end up with only 1 UBP for the cabin. Leave yourself as guest #1, older daughter as guest #2, and you will both get the UBP. And between the two of you, I think you can find ways to keep your younger daughter's glass full… :p

You're probably right. I assume that with this promo they may be much stricter though because essentially you can now have three 21+ aged adults in cabin and so one without an UBP. If not given as a perk they make all over 21 in the cabin purchase. In our case though there really are only two drinkers and one soda drinker So it may not be an issue.