Noordam cabin 7047A, pros and cons

ann1bell

I did not see a way to report this on halfacts.com so decided to post this here.

I just returned from 21 days on the Noordam. We had a j inside guarantee and were given an I cabin, 7047A. This stateroom was one of three added to the ship after if was built. It is on the online deck plan but not on the printed one given out onboard.

It is in front of the Neptune Lounge, past the NL kitchen and two other cabins.

I do not know the square footage of the cabin but there was about 3 feet of space from the end of the bed to the outside edge of the vanity. On the other side there was room for a table and one chair. The only drawers in the room were the bedside ones.

The bathroom was like others and closet area was adequate. The only really annoying thing was the closet shelf area. There were three shelves but the top one did not extend to the wall. If we put anything back there it fell behind the shelf and landed on the floor below the bottom shelf. We had to get on the floor to retrieve dropped items.

The phone problem was a bigger hassle. My friends could not call me since there was a letter in the number. They were told by the operator that our room did not exist. I went to the front desk to discuss this and was given our phone number.

This info should have been given to us when we embarked. The room service folks also told us our room did not exist. HAL needs to change the number of these three staterooms.

The pros were comfy beds, great cabin stewards, and a very quiet, comfortable location.

I hope this info helps anyone looking at these staterooms.

I did not see a way to report this on halfacts.com so decided to post this here.

I just returned from 21 days on the Noordam. We had a j inside guarantee and were given an I cabin, 7047A. This stateroom was one of three added to the ship after if was built. It is on the online deck plan but not on the printed one given out onboard.

I do not know the square footage of the cabin but there was about 3 feet of space from the end of the bed to the outside edge of the vanity. On the other side there was room for a table and one chair. The only drawers in the room were the bedside ones.

The bathroom was like others and closet area was adequate. The only really annoying thing was the closet shelf area. There were three shelves but the top one did not extend to the wall. If we put anything back there it fell behind the shelf and landed on the floor below the bottom shelf. We had to get on the floor to retrieve dropped items.

The phone problem was a bigger hassle. My friends could not call me since there was a letter in the number. They were told by the operator that our room did not exist. I went to the front desk to discuss this and was given our phone number.

This info should have been given to us when we embarked. The room service folks also told us our room did not exist. HAL needs to change the number of these three staterooms.

The pros were comfy beds, great cabin stewards, and a very quiet, comfortable location.

This is really great information.

Could you kindly forward this to pictures@halfacts.com ? We don't post any information without the CC member's permission and use our email as the process.

Really helpful - thank you!

Very interesting to hear your problem with this room number. Last year we were in the suite across the hall. It was definitely an issue for us that the staff did not knowing that 7047A exists. Please see my post "Noordam Neptune Suite Issue" dated February 11, 2014. I would insert a link, but I don't know how to do that. We haven't sailed HAL since. We just completed our second Celebrity cruise and have another booked. My husband misses HAL pinnacle grill breakfast and I miss the free laundry, but now we are trying different lines and going for the most perks for the dollar.