Sushi restaurant on Freedom?

I did try the search function but could only get back info from 2012. Is there a sushi restaurant on the Freedom? If there is, is it very good? Carnival had one on my last cruise and it was very good and was hoping that the RCI's Freedom had one too for my cruise coming in March.

Edited by SpeedsterX

I did try the search function but could only get back info from 2012. Is there a sushi restaurant on the Freedom? If there is, is it very good? Carnival had one on my last cruise and it was very good and was hoping that the RCI's Freedom had one too for my cruise coming in March.

Not yet. Izumi was rumored for the Freedom - even showed up as available for reservations for awhile - but it went poof during the dry dock last month. We're hoping it was more of a situation of not having enough time to get it finished than a decision to scratch it's implementation. Izumi was one of our favorite specialty restaurants on Brilliance

Not yet. Izumi was rumored for the Freedom - even showed up as available for reservations for awhile - but it went poof during the dry dock last month. We're hoping it was more of a situation of not having enough time to get it finished than a decision to scratch it's implementation. Izumi was one of our favorite specialty restaurants on Brilliance

Damn! Was really hoping for one. Thank you!

Damn! Was really hoping for one. Thank you!

We were too, which is why, when it showed up on our cruise planner as available for our March 8 cruise, we booked it. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up any more. I'm still hoping they are working on it and it will open eventually.:(

We were too, which is why, when it showed up on our cruise planner as available for our March 8 cruise, we booked it. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up any more. I'm still hoping they are working on it and it will open eventually.:(

See you onboard! We're taking the same one. Please let me know if you find out anything. Thanks!!

There still is the forward section of WJ called Jade that serves sushi and other Asian dishes every evening. No charge.

There still is the forward section of WJ called Jade that serves sushi and other Asian dishes every evening. No charge.

IMO, it's a stretch to call that stuff sushi - unless you're used to getting your sushi from the local quicky mart:D

Yes, I called and the Rep told me this as well. I asked her if it was a (sit down and get served) type place and she said part of it is. I had my hopes up until I read orvilles post below. Same stuff right from the buffet. Oh well,,,:rolleyes:

IMO, it's a stretch to call that stuff sushi - unless you're used to getting your sushi from the local quicky mart:D

Yes, I called and the Rep told me this as well. I asked her if it was a (sit down and get served) type place and she said part of it is. I had my hopes up until I read orvilles post below. Same stuff right from the buffet. Oh well,,,:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, Jade nothing more than a sign on the wall behind one section of the buffet where you can find Asian themed items.