Carnival Refund taking forever

bradysmom

So we recently (well not that recently 3wks ago now), canceled the airport transfers through Carnival. Initially we were told that it could take 2-3 days to process and then another 5-7 days to show back up on our credit card.

Then we realized after they put the refund through that our credit card number had changed,not our account, just the number on the card.

I told them that when they were "processing" the refund t the same time we canceled. The rep checked with his supervisor and we were assured that it should not be a problem. I called our credit card company to double check, and they said any credits to the old card number would automatically be credited to the new card number, since it was the same account.

So 10 days went by, no sign of the credit. So I emailed our PVP and he said he check and it was being processed but could take up to 14 business days.

Well now it has been 15 business days and still no sign of the credit.

Any advice?

This is really stressing me out

It's never taken Carnival more than a few business days to refund me. Maybe the issue is held up at your bank/credit card?

It's funny when you give them your money it comes out right away. When they need to give it back it takes forever.

This is one of the "common business practices" that really grinds my gears. I know it happens every where & it's not going away. But like you say, the consumer is left in this "credit limbo" waiting for the charges to get refunded or for the holds to 'fall off'. And you can't ask anyone about it... the company blames your credit card/bank and the credit card/bank blames the company.

Like I said, I know it's not going anywhere & there are ways to alleviate some of the potential pitfalls & problems, but it's an advancement that really sticks in my craw.

I had a problem when Carnival cancelled our cruise due to repositioning the ship. They never credited it back to me and seems it was "lost for 2 months" until I called and talked to a supervisor. Then it was credited within a week. Big corporations sometimes make for problems.

Update--I called Carnival today, 3 weeks and 3 days since I canceled and was told a credit was being issued.

After behind on hold for 20 minutes, and transferred 3 times until I finally got to accounting.

Accounting admitted that they had just not processed the credit yet. Supposedly she did credit it while I was on the phone with her, but said it could still take 5-7 business days to show up on my credit card.

I called Capital One, which is the best credit card company I have ever used, immediately got someone on the phone, and she said it wouldn't show up immediately on their end but should not be more than 1-5 days. She also is going to keep checking the account for me, and call me when it shows up. She said if it isn't there by next Tuesday, we'll call Carnival together and get a resolution.

It's funny that in the time between cancelling the transfers through Carnival and today, I have gotten credits form 3 other companies within a couple days, including Orbitz which I cancelled Sundy and had a credit in my account on Monday.

I'm really not happy with Carnival right now, and might think twice before booking with them again.

I'm sure however my cruise will be awesome, so that helps!