Getaway UBP/UDP questions

donnakidston

Good evening,

We go on the Getaway in 61 days and I have pre-purchased the UDP.

Should I book the speciality restaurants in advance (i.e now?)

Is the UBP worth it? We do drink a lot of soft drinks and I'd probably have a couple of cocktails per day. OH would have a couple of beers/jacks per day.

Would anyone know roughly how much a jack and cola costs? Or a French martini?

Thank you all so much, in advance!

Best wishes,

Donna

Definitely make reservations now. There are several threads with the dailies that can help you plan around shows and parties. You can make reservations onboard, but you will probably end up with early or late times.

I would imagine that a Jack and Coke is around 7 - 8 dollars. Most martinis are right under $10. We were in the Getaway Jan 3-10 and had the UBP, and it was so worth it. We didn't keep track of everything we drank to see how much we saved, but my hubby is a diet coke drinker in the day, then beer or maker's and diet at night. I drink wine, champagne and then often a late night martini. Everything we had was under the $10 cap.

It was nice to not have to worry about it, think about it, or have a surprise bill at the end of the trip.

Enjoy the Getaway. It is a beautiful ship. We booked for next year at the same time within a week of getting home!

Dear Stacy,

thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me. Think we will go for UBP as it's our honeymoon and we want to enjoy to the max without worrying about cost. Will look into making reservations for speciality restaurants tonight. Which would you recommend as 'musts'? Also, sorry for my ignorance, but what are 'dailies'?!

Best wishes,

Donna

Have a great honeymoon!!

Since you bought the UDP you should reserve the illusionarium the first night as you will get it for free on this night only. You can even choose the premium seats.

Enjoy the getaway - she's a beautiful ship! And enjoy trying new drinks. :)

Dear Stacy,

thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me. Think we will go for UBP as it's our honeymoon and we want to enjoy to the max without worrying about cost. Will look into making reservations for speciality restaurants tonight. Which would you recommend as 'musts'? Also, sorry for my ignorance, but what are 'dailies'?!

Best wishes,

Donna

. Dailies is a news letter you will receive in your cabin every day with info on restaurants, the ship activities, and info for the next port.

It sounds like you are already sold on the UBP, but I just wanted to throw my two cents in. I would absolutely recommend it. You will have a much better time not thinking about drink costs. At $6.25 for a beer, $8 for a mixed drink, and $10 for a martini (All after gratuity prices) you can see how the costs really adds up. It also opens it up for you to try new drinks. You can order anything you want without the worry of not liking it and wasting the money. Have a great honeymoon!!

6&8

;)

Good evening,

We go on the Getaway in 61 days and I have pre-purchased the UDP.

Should I book the speciality restaurants in advance (i.e now?)

Is the UBP worth it? We do drink a lot of soft drinks and I'd probably have a couple of cocktails per day. OH would have a couple of beers/jacks per day.

Would anyone know roughly how much a jack and cola costs? Or a French martini?

Thank you all so much, in advance!

Best wishes,

Donna

Right now, NCL is offering 3 choices (free) and one is the UBP. I would see if you can get that. ;) No harm in trying.

If you have not reached your final payment date, you should be able to have the UBP added for free as part of the current promotion. We had booked our August 2015 Mediterranean cruise back in October. I called TA and was able to have both the UBP and UDP plan added for free to our reservation. Our cruise fare also dropped. So, it was a win-win for us. It is certainly worth a call to check.