changing cabins

I'm sure this has been asked before, but with the boards acting up like they have been, I thought I'd ask while I can.

Does anyone know if you can change cabins (within your same category) after final payment is made, without paying the latest price (if the price has gone up since you booked)? Since some cabins are put back in the inventory as people cancel them on final payment date, I'm wondering if I can change locations but keep my price.

Thanks!

All depends on availability-if its available, no problem at all, did you use a TA? If so just have them call, its a five minute thing, no big deal. I sail in 10 days and I just upgraded for free due to new availablity-Balcony to a suite-one call from my TA is all it took-now is a good time to do it, all the chaos from Katrina is causing a lot of people to cancell or re-book, that causes a lot of new or different availabilty, especially if you are sailing in the next few weeks. On my cruise from PC, 4 suites in one party, all next to each other cancelled, leaving 4 suites available very last minute-that was yesterday, only one is left today-just call to check, it can't hurt-

Thanks for your answers! My cruise isn't until next November but it is selling out fast. Already there are NO suites and only D1s and E1s left on the balconies. We have an E2 booked but would like to get more midship if possible. The price has jumped $200 per person since we booked and that's why I asked if you could switch for the price you paid, even after final payment. I know cabins will open up at that time, so if I don't have to pay the difference I will try to move. And yes, we used a TA so I will go through her when the time comes.

Thanks again! Carol

Archived