30 yr odd couple - Mr Sachos vs Paradise Island?

rohitg82

So wife and I (both 30-yr odds) are on our first cruise in less than 4 weeks as we take the Carnival Elation to Cozumel and Progreso.

While at Cozumel, we want to venture out to one of the beach resorts in town, and are now torn between Mr Sanchos (MS) and Paradise Island (PD), and need some help in zeroing down..

What are we looking for:-

1. We both like to have a few drinks, definitely not get drunk but surely enjoy a few beers or cocktails

2. Looking for a clean beach where we can venture into the water (therefore sandy beach, minimal/no rocks, beachside lounging, etc)

3. Given our breakfast will be at the ship and so will be the dinner, a light meal at the max

4. Enjoy the water toys stuff which both PD and MS would provide

5. Definitely kayak and snorkel a little

6. Dip in the pool before changing and heading out

7. We are open to both the AI option as well as PAYG

Need suggestions and recommendation to zero down between PD and MS.

Thanks peeps!

The A.I. package at Mr Sanchos should fit you very well. Lots of 20's/30's couples do this. Snorkeling at either isn't that good. But all the rest is yours. PAYG could add up with use of water toys and even just a couple of drinks and some snacking. At MS you get a quieter access to the place than the PAYG option. And you're coming in on Spring Break Party time.

BTW both are well south of downtown, San Miguel.

@crewsweeper - Thanks for the tip, appreciate that. Btw, does the AI at MS include the water toys (toys is so cheeky!) area? And hows the pool area? Keep reading that PI has massive pool.. Also what can i expect the taxi fare to be? about 20$ one-way?

We're trying to decide the same thing and our criteria is very similar (except that we'll have two kids with us) and we've also narrowed it down to MS and PB, and also open to AI or PAYG.

The water toys are not included in the MS AI option. It's an additional $12 pp. At PB, it's an additional $15.

Would love to do some snorkeling, but it sounds like they are both sandy locations, and not good for snorkeling. I want a nice beach, that can absorb crowds (I think MS looks a little nicer). Also want a nice pool (again, that can absorb crowds), and good quality mixed drinks (nice mixers-for example real bananas for "dirty monkeys."). I hate Island Oasis mixers. A piña colada is not a flavor, it's pineapple juice and coconut cream. Anyone lnow about the drinks at these places? I also want good water toys for kids in shallowlish water. If they can't climb on their own, they'll get frustrated.

Anyway, will keep an eye on this thread and see what you uncover.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just an FYI, there is no Paradise Island. There is a Passion Island and a Paradise Beach. You may sound confusing if you ask for a taxi to Paradise Island (although they would probably take you to Paradise Beach anyway).

Passion island is generally only easily accessible with a ship's excurion I believe.