Liberty of the Seas - a few questions

We are going on this ship in at the end of March for a 5 night cruise to Belize and Cozumel...It will be me, my dd (7) and ds (9) and my mom. This will only be my kids 2nd time cruising - but both my mom and I have done several...And this will be my second time on the Liberty (my dh and I have been )

So here are a few questions:

1 - Will my kids be able to be in the same kids program? It looks like they are 6-8 and 9-11?

2 - Does anyone have a kids menu for the MDR?

3 - Anyone recommend excursions that are kid friendly in either Cozumel or Belize? Is it even worth getting off in Belize?

4 - Is their an age requirement for the rock wall or ice skating?

Thanks for any help!

We are going on this ship in at the end of March for a 5 night cruise to Belize and Cozumel...It will be me, my dd (7) and ds (9) and my mom. This will only be my kids 2nd time cruising - but both my mom and I have done several...And this will be my second time on the Liberty (my dh and I have been )

So here are a few questions:

1 - Will my kids be able to be in the same kids program? It looks like they are 6-8 and 9-11?

2 - Does anyone have a kids menu for the MDR?

3 - Anyone recommend excursions that are kid friendly in either Cozumel or Belize? Is it even worth getting off in Belize?

4 - Is their an age requirement for the rock wall or ice skating?

Thanks for any help!

Mommy Penguin29 When are you going on Liberty? Have you signed up for your roll call if not please do so; I will also be on Liberty for the last March into April sailing. I too can't wait!

For Cozumel I would suggest Mr. Santos for the kids! It is a 12 min+ ride from the pier!

This will be my 1st time on Liberty and Belize! I am sure others can help with your other questions!

I always recommend getting off the ship! For Belize, definitely a tour...I recommend cave tubing (we did cavetubing.bz - highly recommended).

Cozumel is one of my favorite cruise port stops. The last time we did Paradise Beach - there are climbing toys, slides, etc in the ocean; the beach; food; and a pool there. Very nice. Dune buggy tours are always fun. And we've also gone to Chakanaab, which is great if you want to swim with dolphins, etc. They have other things there, too, so I recommend it. We've done all of these things when our kids were either your kids' ages or younger, so it is easy to find things to do to keep the kids entertained.

I would check out the ports of call board. There are a ton of ideas.

Your kids will have no problems with ice skating as far as the age goes. I don't remember about the rock wall requirements.

They are pretty strict about age requirements in the kids clubs. But my kids had no problems finding other kids to play with, and loved going.

We are on the Liberty the first week in April - can't wait!

Adventure Ocean

I have 3 kids, now 9, 11 and 12 and have cruised with them multiple times over the years.

Your kids will be in two different age groups for Adventure Ocean. But there are a lot of activities where they mix the 6-8 and the 9-11 classrooms together to make one big group of kids. So, while they're technically separate there will be a lot of activities where both of your children are participating together.

Agree with the previous poster - your kids will both make immediate friends their own age. There's only one person that will worry about them not being together - their mother. :)

Children's Menu

I don't have a menu handy but it's the same menu every night and is typical of a children's menu from a land-based restaurant. Slice of pizza, hamburger, chicken nuggets, etc. They can order off of the adult menu any time they like.

Excursions

Seconding Mr. Sancho's - my kids really liked that place. You can just get off the ship and take a taxi there. There are a lot of other private beaches which I'm sure are just as good but I haven't personally been to any of them. As for Belize - I would recommend a snorkeling trip that includes stingrays/sharks and a visit to Caye Caulker.

Edited by dfgf

Wewere on Liberty last week and had a hard time finding a Belize excursion that interested us. After boarding and talking to some other passengers and staff, a lot of people had nothing booked and were planning on staying on the ship. By mid-morning there were quite a few people around the pool. Far far more than stayed onboard in Cozumel. For us it was a perfect day. Lighter crowd, nice breeze and quiet around the pool deck.

The ones that did go into port were frustrated with tenders leaving almost an hour prior to scheduled time.

I always recommend getting off the ship! For Belize, definitely a tour...I recommend cave tubing (we did cavetubing.bz - highly recommended).

Cozumel is one of my favorite cruise port stops. The last time we did Paradise Beach - there are climbing toys, slides, etc in the ocean; the beach; food; and a pool there. Very nice. Dune buggy tours are always fun. And we've also gone to Chakanaab, which is great if you want to swim with dolphins, etc. They have other things there, too, so I recommend it. We've done all of these things when our kids were either your kids' ages or younger, so it is easy to find things to do to keep the kids entertained.

I would check out the ports of call board. There are a ton of ideas.

Your kids will have no problems with ice skating as far as the age goes. I don't remember about the rock wall requirements.

They are pretty strict about age requirements in the kids clubs. But my kids had no problems finding other kids to play with, and loved going.

We are on the Liberty the first week in April - can't wait!

we are also on that Easter LOTS sailing. I haven't seen you in the roll call yet, don't forget to come see us.

dp

Edited by dpostman