2BR Suite/Haven 2BR Suite Question

vacationmommy

I am looking at the 2 bedroom family suite on the Jewel to Alaska and the Haven 2 bedroom suite. They look the same and seem to have all the same perks is there any differences besides the price? I only saw some very old post about each so I wanted to get some updated information on the differences before I booked one over the other. We have never been on Norwegian before and any help would be appreciated thank you.

The difference is location. The family suite does not have access to the Haven, which is a nice place to hang out, eat and socialize and is generally less crowded than the rest of the ship with upgraded chairs, etc.

It's also midships, but that usually doesn't matter with Alaska as the inside passage is generally like a millpond.

Use of the Haven is a great perk, esp. on an Alaska cruise. You never know what the weather will be like. If it is not great weather, they close the cover overhead, and you can still sit by the pool, use the hot tub, relax. They can serve you breakfast and lunch in the courtyard area, as well as have snacks, coffee, juice, water, during the day, until around dinner time. Plus, you have the top deck side, which is private for Haven guests. THis is a great spot to see Glacier Bay, etc. Never crowded.

we did the two bedroom non haven last time and it was great as far as perks (we still got the snacks, butler, concierage, etc) but we didnt get access to the haven or the perk of being seated last minute in the lounge for the shows.

Our butler actually let us up to deck 15 (haven deck) while going thru the tracy arm and it was great to be able to see the haven. We are doing the haven this year partly because getting that sneak peak made us want to try it out.

We sailed on the Jade in a 2 bedroom non-haven suite. I guess we don't know what we missed, however, I recall the price difference was big enough that we decided to go with non-haven.

We had all the suite perks but we could not use the haven area.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

The overall ship perks are the same and the 2-bed suites are internally the same on all of the Jewel class ships. However, the Haven has treats and hot/cold water immediately available. Out of the Haven or on the non-Haven ships the Butler can get you these treats but in the Haven they are laid out on the end section for you to just graze when you want them.

One of the other differences is that there are tables laid out at one end of the Haven for lunch and breakfast if you don't want to go down to Cagney's. There is also a huge sun deck above the Haven that is great for sail-outs and high-level scenic viewing.

Obviously, these things are available in your suite and on your balcony but the Haven creates them in a world of space. So the Haven gives you a great feeling of freedom to enjoy the perks. I think the word I was looking for is best summed up as "ambience".:)

On one of the You Tube videos of the 2 bedroom suites, the person taking the video said "a fully stocked bar" in addition to the espresso machine. Is there a fully stocked bar (or a choice of liquors) included in the two bedroom suite perks?

Cole

On one of the You Tube videos of the 2 bedroom suites, the person taking the video said "a fully stocked bar" in addition to the espresso machine. Is there a fully stocked bar (or a choice of liquors) included in the two bedroom suite perks?

Cole

There is a fully stocked mini-bar in your mini-refrigerator but it is not free. Only the Owners suites (3 liter bottles), Deluxe Owners suites (3 liter Bottles)and the Garden Villas (6 liter bottles) get free liquor with their suites.