Osaka -- only an afternoon

kevinsac

We will be arriving at our hotel late morning, and we have a driver/car meeting us at 12:00 noon. We get to pick what we want to see.

Obvioulsy, Osaka Castle is a "gotta see it." Otherwise, what do you think are the 3 or 4 best highlights of the city?

Where should be go have dinner that night...importance on good food.

• 1 month later...

We went to the Sanyo museum at the corp headquarters. I believe you can go for free. You have to be interested in that kind of stuff but I enjoyed it. It housed all the sanyo products from the first bicycle lamp to the first sanyo VCR. It was interesting to see all the stuff we owned through the ages. You use the DIY tour headset and walk through.

We also went to the Asahi brewery. This I liked the best. I am a systems analyst for a large manufacturing company so I really enjoying seeing their manufacturing lines. Of course, at the end of the tour there were free samples.

I also really enjoyed driving around and seeing the city.

Our tour also brough us to the see the Osaka expo grounds from 196? can't remember. This I thought was a time waster.

The 2005 Expo was in full swing, we saw it when we were on the bullet train going to Tokyo - that looked like a great place to stop by, however, we just couldn't make the time.

We ate at a restaurant called RIO. They served kobe beef at tappanaki tables. It was fabulous. I can't remember where the restaurant was exactly but it was on the 7th floor of some complex that was really close to the hilton. I have to admit however we did get lost finding it so you can ask at the hotel or tourist information before you venture out.

Archived