St. Thomas - Magic Ice

beshears

I had just read/seen where there is a place in St. Thomas called Magic Ice, and it looks so neat to see/visit. We are coming in to St. Thomas on the Splendor, and wondered how to find/locate this place? Do we take a Taxi, and if so, will they know where this is located, or how can we find it? Also, can you tell me the cost to see this place?

Its a short cab ride from the port, can't remember the cost though. Our cabbie knew where it was.

If I remember right, its about $22 to get in - includes a shot of rum. Its not a huge place, and some people have said its too expensive for what it is, but it was a fun one-time experience. You are supplied with a big hooded pancho type parka and gloves and socks if you need them. :)

ry%3D400

ice bar~

ry%3D400

Edited by cruisin*tigger

Thanks for getting back with me on Magic Ice. Ilike the pictures. If we are docked at Havensight, do you have any idea what the cost of a Taxi would be to Magic Ice, or if there are tours in St. Thomas that would go there?

hi beshears -

Carnival actually offers Magic Ice as an excursion. Looking at the reviews, someone posted it was $4 cab each way (which is not included in the excursion cost.)

Also, the price on Carnival's website sounds right, and not overpriced for a change. :rolleyes: Its actually better that you have to get your own transportation so you can plan accordingly. We ended up going later in the day, and we were the only ones there, so that was great.

Crusin Tigger, in St. Thomas, if you did the Magic Ice through Carnival, and you said you thought the price was about right, did the excursion do anything else, or just that?

How can I find it on Carnival's website, or under what area?

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly, I don't know, as I thought they only had the one time,but I could be wrong. You can always call the toll free Carnival number, and I'm sure they would tell you. I had trouble with the website, and I called, and they were very helpful,but I didn't think of asking if they had another time, as I wanted to get this out of the way, before we did something else.

Thanks. I just booked it today.:) Hopefully it will be worth it, considering we were going to do Godfrey Tours, but the tour starts before we get back.:(

Our plan is to have Godfrey pick us up, drop us off at the shopping location, walk to Magic Ice which is close, tour, then get picked up after the shopping time ends.

Maybe you can do this too! This is why I'm hoping they allow you to go at any time, not just the ticket time. Hopefully it works out.

When is your cruise?