La Quinta near Houston Hobby (stay w/ cruise transport)

Messunderstood

Has anyone stayed at the La Quinta Inn near Houston Hobby airport and used the cruise transfer service they offer as part of a package deal to the cruise terminals?

How was the hotel?

How was the transfer service?

We normally don't use this chain but for the price and convenience, we might! Tripadvisor rates the hotel fairly well but there's not much mention about their transfer service other than one negative review and it generally takes more than one bad review for me to discredit a service. ;)

Thanks for any input!

I can't help with info on the La Quinta, but we stayed at the SpringHill Suites near Hobby Airport in December and the shuttle worked like a dream.

We actually had family coming into Hobby Airport at three different times of the day and each of our groups had a good experience with the hotel shuttle. The shuttle arrived promptly at the airport for each of us. The hotel also offers the shuttle for any destination within 5 miles of the hotel, so you can use it to go shopping or to a restaurant. We used it for a short shopping trip and it was great.

Whoops...I see that you are asking about a cruise transfer package at the La Quinta, not just hotel shuttle service. Well, maybe this info will help someone. (We took Pasadena Taxi to the Bayport Cruise Terminal for $50 + tip.)

Edited by GradUT

I can't help with info on the La Quinta, but we stayed at the SpringHill Suites near Hobby Airport in December and the shuttle worked like a dream.

We actually had family coming into Hobby Airport at three different times of the day and each of our groups had a good experience with the hotel shuttle. The shuttle arrived promptly at the airport for each of us. The hotel also offers the shuttle for any destination within 5 miles of the hotel, so you can use it to go shopping or to a restaurant. We used it for a short shopping trip and it was great.

Whoops...I see that you are asking about a cruise transfer package at the La Quinta, not just hotel shuttle service. Well, maybe this info will help someone. (We took Pasadena Taxi to the Bayport Cruise Terminal for $50 + tip.)

We are booked at this same Springhill Suites for one night before our March 1 cruise. How was your stay at this hotel? I called SS about cab service and they recommended an independent named Joe Davila, but I can't find anything about him online. Did you book Pasadena ahead or just call that morning? Thanks

Our reservations are currently for Springhill Suites. I'd prefer to stay there but for the combined price (roughly $300 for the overnight stay and transfer from airport -> hotel, hotel -> cruise terminal and then cruise terminal ->airport) I'm game for trying it! So long as no horrible reviews are fleshed out in the next day or so, I will swap our reservations since the hotel reviews themselves are mostly positive.

Dancingranni, we will be in the Navigator on 4/5. Please come back and review La Quinta's hotel and transfer service for me!!

Edited by Messunderstood

We are booked at this same Springhill Suites for one night before our March 1 cruise. How was your stay at this hotel? I called SS about cab service and they recommended an independent named Joe Davila, but I can't find anything about him online. Did you book Pasadena ahead or just call that morning? Thanks

Our stay at the hotel was good. What I look for is clean, quiet and comfortable and I got all 3. The breakfast that morning was also good and they kept the area clean and well-stocked.

As I already mentioned, the shuttle worked well both for the hotel and for shopping. The only restaurant within walking distance is Taco Cabana, which is very close, so if you want to go elsewhere for dinner, you will need to make use of the shuttle.

I found the reference to Pasadena Taxi on the Bayport Terminal website. We called them up that morning and asked for a quote on what the fare would be on a Sunday morning and their quote was spot on. The driver was friendly and he brought a minivan which worked out well for our family of 4. We also looked at some Uber quotes, but since we had 4 adults and a lot of bags, we were afraid that the Uber vehicle might not be large enough. The Uber quotes were all over the spectrum--some less than $50 and some more than $50. But, if there are just two of you, Uber could be an alternative to a taxi.

Our reservations are currently for Springhill Suites. I'd prefer to stay there but for the combined price (roughly $300 for the overnight stay and transfer from airport -> hotel, hotel -> cruise terminal and then cruise terminal ->airport) I'm game for trying it! So long as no horrible reviews are fleshed out in the next day or so, I will swap our reservations since the hotel reviews themselves are mostly positive.

Dancingranni, we will be in the Navigator on 4/5. Please come back and review La Quinta's hotel and transfer service for me!!

I'm so sorry..I put the wrong month on my post. We are going on the April 19 sailing, so I guess a review from me won't help you. :( Maybe you can post one for me....:D Have a wonderful cruise.

I found the info for this LaQ way back in the forum somewhere, and the person who posted it sounded satisfied with it. If I run across it I will post it here for you.

... (roughly $300 for the overnight stay and transfer from airport -> hotel, hotel -> cruise terminal and then cruise terminal ->airport)

Have you priced taxi/tip to/from port with a different hotel stay?

Here is what we are doing, staying overnight at Best Western Suites in Seabrook TX not far from port.

It provides free shuttle from hotel to port.

Taxi to BW Seabrook from Hobby airport: $56 +tip. (Based on CC person who did that last week)

Best Western Suites Hotel: $125 + 17% tax = $142

Transfer to port: free on hotel shuttle

Super shuttle from port to Hobby airport: $60 + tip.

That is less than $200, including tips for taxi and/or super shuttle.

Edited by NMLady

Which port are you going to?

Have you priced taxi/tip to/from port with a different hotel stay?

Here is what we are doing, staying overnight at Best Western Suites in Seabrook TX not far from port.

It provides free shuttle from hotel to port.

Taxi to BW Seabrook from Hobby airport: $56 +tip. (Based on CC person who did that last week)

That is less than $200, including tips for taxi and/or super shuttle.

Which port are you going to?

Bayport. I did not realize from the first post that the post referred to the Galveston port since no port was mentioned and I was not familiar with the La Quinta deal. Since several of the other posts mentioned Bayport I presumed that was the port being discussed.

The Best Western In Seabrook does not offer shuttles to the Carnival Port. UGGG I guess they are using another cruiseline. :-(

You are right. We are on NCL cruising out of Bayport. But the OP did not mention which cruise line in first post nor which port and some of the other posts mentioned Bayport so I thought that was the cruise port being discussed.

Edited by NMLady

• 3 weeks later...

Messunderstood

I called the shuttle company that transports for LaQuinta (they gave me the number). He said they pick up at the hotel at 10:00 and at the port for return at 11:00. I felt reassured after talking to him.

I think most of the negatives of this place are due to it being a bit lower end establishment and because of the area its in. We just wanted a decent place to stay and transportation that wasn't a logistical nightmare. I believe this will work for us.

If you end up going with LaQuinta , when you retutn, will you please post and let us know how it was?

• 1 month later...

Do you have contact info for the super shuttle that you mentioned?

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the La Quinta on our last cruise and have it scheduled for our next cruise in October. For the price....you can't beat it. I mean factoring in the hotel cost, transfers, etc. It was headache free and we had absolutely NO PROBLEMS with the shuttle service. The hotel definitely isn't in a "hot spot" for entertainment. But we flew in, got to the hotel, swam a bit and then the shuttle took us to a BBQ place for dinner and then picked us up. No problems the next morning and even got started with their nice breakfast. Hope this helps a bit!

We just stayed at the Best Western Plus at Hobby Airport and they were advertising on their internet page a cruise package with shuttle to the Galveston port. I didn't see the price, but I'd give them a call to check it out. It is a very nice hotel with great staff.