OT - Please help the Animals - The silent victims of Katrina

micheleg

Amy, you and your friends are wonderful. I hope that each animal you rescued is reunited with their family or adopted by a loving home.

I have found myself turning on the news hoping to see happy endings to the news stories that haunt me. One gentleman locked his front door as he was being rescued and mentioned that his two dogs were inside. He must have thought it wouldn't be long and he would be back with them. It was also mentioned on a news story that they could hear dogs and cats howling. My daughter told me she just can't turn the news on any longer because it never fails that a reporter has to show an animal in distress or mention it.

I know that these threads are supposed to be about cruising. But I feel guilty thinking about our upcoming trip and chatting about excursions when so many animals are suffering.

I'm glad to know that so many are concerned, like me and this gives us an outlet. God bless you Amy and all of you in the South working to save these animals.

Amy: Thank you so very much for all you've done. I know I appreciate it greatly as do many, many others. If you look at websites like bestfriends.com, you'll see how deeply appreciative people are of those rescuers and care takers having to endure such a grim situation to rescue and care for the animals. Most of all, survivors will be the happiest for your efforts, especially if their beloved pets are saved and they are reunited with their pets. To those of us who only see & read news reports, animal success stories help erase some of the sadness of an otherwise very heartbreaking time. It does our spirits good to see the rescues that all of you are making and care you are giving. I look forward to hearing more from you after you've had time to rest.

One of my friends left for New Orleans today as part of a disaster search & rescue team for humans. She told me she will do her best to save animals too. With her also being an animal lover, I know she will try her best. I'm hoping/praying she can stay strong through what will be a difficult and exceedingly trying time, as I'm sure it was for you too.

BTW I get in the habit of highlighting/selecting all (CTRL-A) and doing a CTRL-C to copy my text before I post for the same reason. Then if I get the white screen, I can paste it (CTRL-V) back in again and attempt to re-post.

Thanks again, Amy!

P.S. MSUSigmaK: I'm on the Mexican Riviera on Mercury right after you (10/31).

our group grateful greyhounds has been in contact with a greyhound rescue group in new orleans and we have decided to order heartguard thru this website and they will send it directly to [url]www.gulfcoastgreyhounds.org[/url]
[url]www.pets-megastore.com.au[/url]
pets-megastore is also going to donate meds to the group YEA!!!!

Archived