Carnival Breeze Jan 2015 with pictures

willowvacay

"Beach" at Chankanaab (there are steps into the water).

ry%3D400

Lunch at the beach and Mexico beer.

ry%3D400

We went to the pool and sat at the pool bar after lunch. We had a great time and then took a taxi back to the port. We walked around the port and then went to 3 Amigos right in the port. We sat at a table over looking the ship, had a few margaritas and people watched some others having the best time ever (read...multiple drinks and dancing on tables). It was a great time. We would go there again for sure. Our waiter was excellent and the drinks were excellent and the other patrons made it really entertaining.

ry%3D400

Next we got back on board.

Loving your review. We are sailing on Breeze [same itinerary] in a month! (first time with Carnival.)

I have a few questions (hope you don't mind.)

1. Did you save any FunTimes?

2. When were the formal nights?

3. At the Margaritaville in Jamaica were you able to access the beach you referred to?

Thanks!

Our Cozumel towel animal

ry%3D400

The next day was the last day:(:(:(

It was a fun day at sea. We knew today that lunch wasn't until noon so we were prepared. We worked out and got pretty good seats.

We spent the day doing this:

ry%3D400

It was a great day. Great weather, good mimosas, good lunch, good live music, and the Miss Carnival Breeze contest. It was pretty typical but pretty funny. Later that day we went to Hasbro the game show which was really cute. The little kids who participated seemed to be having a blast. We also attended the love and marriage show (although I do not remember if it was this day). Interestingly this show was in the afternoon instead of late at night.

That evening we went to the Steakhouse again. We loved it again. We obviously would go there multiple times again. Then we went back to our room and packed :(

The next morning we got up and got ready to go. We had our letter for priorty disembarkation that indicated we should go to the theater. We carry off our own luggage and got it all together. We started making our way down and then an announcement came overhead. It said "no guests should proceed to level 3. It is closed. Do not get off on level three" Being the rule followers that we are we got off the elevator on level 5 and just hung out. There were other people in the area who said they were supposed to be in the theater for early disembarkation too. So we were not the only people who heard that message. We were waiting patiently and then next thing I knew I heard the card pinging/dinging indicating people were disembarking. WTH? They said no guests! So we started going down the stairs and were scolded by a carnival worker. He told us priority and early flights only. We told him and showed him our priority letter and he said "Oh ok you can keep going." This was confusing to us. We should have just done what our letter said but when they made the announcement that NO GUESTS should go down to level 3 we thought it literally meant all guests. My whole point is that it was confusing. I feel like the announcement should have been more specific. We put our cards into the dinger and we were off our cruise.

Loving your review. We are sailing on Breeze [same itinerary] in a month! (first time with Carnival.)

I have a few questions (hope you don't mind.)

1. Did you save any FunTimes?

2. When were the formal nights?

3. At the Margaritaville in Jamaica were you able to access the beach you referred to?

Thanks!

1. I saved them...not sure where they are at the moment. I will look for them.

2. I know the second night of the cruise was the first formal night. I cannot remember when the second was. It is hard for me to remember because we don't get very dressed up relative to what we wear other nights. If I find the fun times I will be able to answer this more accurately.

3. Yes we walked right onto that beach. There were chairs there and plenty of people were taking advantage of this beach close to the ship. Here are a few more pics that may help.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Love seeing all the Big Blue fans on this thread!!!!! UK alum here and love my Wildcats!

Thanks for writing this review! We will be on the Breeze in October and can't wait! I have a question for you, what port did you dock at in Jamaica? And if you find the Fun Times, I'd love to see them as well.

OK So Im trying to embed my video in the post. If it doesnt work, here is the link

This is our very first video from our new GoPro and my first attempt at video editing. It is a little long, but hopefully you can get an idea of how our cruise went and how much fun we had!

We took a taxi back to the port and before heading to the tender we stopped to get a local beer (this seems to be a theme of this trip).

ry%3D400

Caybrew is pretty good beer! Not quite as awesome as redstripe...but still pretty good.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Caybrew is the only beer I have ever thrown away. I bought one on 7 Mile Beach once, took 2 sips and threw it in the nearest trash can. Worst. Beer. Ever!

OK So Im trying to embed my video in the post. If it doesnt work, here is the link

This is our very first video from our new GoPro and my first attempt at video editing. It is a little long, but hopefully you can get an idea of how our cruise went and how much fun we had!

Awesome video. I, too, just got a GoPro. What did you use to edit it and how did you get the music on there?

Thanks!! We love the video :) We are PC users and I used power director 13. Someone told me it was easy to use and I am the opposite of techie so it was not super easy for me to use. The editing took a significant amount of time. That program allows for addition of music. I just imported the music from iTunes. I think there is a way to have background music with the sound from the video but we didn't figure that one out yet :)

We went to Marriott Frenchman's Reef in St. Thomas. It was very nice but I will tell you that we did not go to the beach there. It is down some stairs or an elevator or something and we didn't make it down there because we had too much fun in the infinity pools and at the swim up bar.

Thank you! Do you remember the cost of using the resort for the day?

The next morning we woke up in grand cayman. I had not previously been here either but my research indicated we needed to go to 7 mile beach. This can be done a number of ways, but my preferred way to go to a beach in a port is to go to a place with bathrooms, restaurant, and pool. If you have never used Resort for a Day you should consider checking it out. We used resort for a day in St Thomas in August and it was wonderful. In grand cayman this is available at the Westin. We checked it out on trip advisor and the pictures and reviews are great. We booked online and printed out our ticket to take it with. Resort for a day at this location includes a hotel room so you can shower, sleep, watch tv, or whatever else you could use the room for. The location is beautiful and they have everything you could need.

Here is where we sat for most of the day:

ry%3D400

Looking back at the resort

ry%3D400

Beautiful beach

ry%3D400

sooo much better than snow

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

pool area

ry%3D400

The weather was wonderful and so was the service. There was a beach server who brought us drinks and menus. We ended up eating lunch at the poolside restaurant but the menu was very similar. The food was very good. We had an amazing time.

Thanks for a great review

I will be cruising on the Breeze in May and this will be my first cruise.

I am so excited

Thanks for a great review

I will be cruising on the Breeze in May and this will be my first cruise.

I am so excited

I hope you love your first cruise! For us the most important part of enjoying our vacations has come from knowing what to expect so hopefully this review and others will help you get excited!