shutte from MIA to FLL

carlp

flying in to MIA and need to get to cruise port in FLL. can we just go outside at airport and find transportation without any reservations. any idea on who/what to use & the cost?

Do a Google search for a shared ride. Try Goairportshuttle

From MIA a taxi to FLL and area hotels will run about $80+ :eek:

Shared shuttle with Super Shuttle or American Shuttle (or maybe Go Airport - based at FLL) will depend upon how many and what hotel.

Larry's Limos is often suggested for Miami service.

A one way car rental is likely your best option

If you arrive during the day and are not in a hurry you could ride the Tri-Rail train from MIA to FLL for under $5 each. http://www.tri-rail.com/

This past December, I rented a car picked up at MIA, and dropped off at FLL.

It cost $22.00 for 2 drivers (through big box store starting with C) precruise.

Ended up doing the same on disembarkation day in FLL. The shuttle picks you up at the cruiseport, and drops you off at the car rental section of the FLL airport. Only had the car 4 hours, but at $22.00, it was cheaper then the shuttle services offered.

If you arrive during the day and are not in a hurry you could ride the Tri-Rail train from MIA to FLL for under $5 each. http://www.tri-rail.com/

Hi, I was thinking of taking this train as I'm travelling on my own and the limo rates are extremely high.

What station should I get out at and would I be able to get a taxi easily to the Port Everglades? It will be on Good Friday April 3 - a public holiday.

Thankx for any help offered.

Cheers

ging466

Hi, I was thinking of taking this train as I'm travelling on my own and the limo rates are extremely high.

What station should I get out at and would I be able to get a taxi easily to the Port Everglades? It will be on Good Friday April 3 - a public holiday.

Cheers

ging466

Flying in the same day as your cruise? :eek: Unless you are on a red-eye getting in first thing in the morning I would not chance the train; check your roll call to see if you can share a ride with someone else or pay for the cruise line transfer bus from MIA to your ship.

If you do take the train I would ride to the FLL station. If there are no cabs at the station ride the shuttle to the airport and then cab to your ship from there for about $15.

Remember, you need to be checked in 90 or so minutes before the ship sails (see your cruise documents) in order to clear security/TSA/immigration, etc.

Cheers

ging466

You're on the Silver Shadow and you want to skimp with transport? Don't be foolish. Take a shuttle and don't even think about a train.

Flying in the same day as your cruise? :eek: Unless you are on a red-eye getting in first thing in the morning I would not chance the train; check your roll call to see if you can share a ride with someone else or pay for the cruise line transfer bus from MIA to your ship.

If you do take the train I would ride to the FLL station. If there are no cabs at the station ride the shuttle to the airport and then cab to your ship from there for about $15.

Remember, you need to be checked in 90 or so minutes before the ship sails (see your cruise documents) in order to clear security/TSA/immigration, etc.

I will have been in Miami for 5 days already and have the whole day to get to the ship. There is no roll call or transfer. I will take the train to the FLL airport and get a taxi.

Thankx for your help.

You're on the Silver Shadow and you want to skimp with transport? Don't be foolish. Take a shuttle and don't even think about a train.

Yes I am however I happen to like trains. When I'm in a foreign country I like to travel in trains...it's a good way to meet the locals and it's always fun.

Thankx for your advice.

Cheers

ging466

Yes I am however I happen to like trains. When I'm in a foreign country I like to travel in trains...it's a good way to meet the locals and it's always fun.

Thankx for your advice.

Cheers

ging466

I like trains too; in foreign countries. Tri Rail is no comparison. Take a shuttle.

I will have been in Miami for 5 days already and have the whole day to get to the ship. There is no roll call or transfer. I will take the train to the FLL airport and get a taxi.

Thankx for your help.

Those details change things -- good luck!