Vow Renewal on Epic $499

cruiseyesplease!

Sounds so nice. You have me thinking once again maybe I should just do it and forget about the price.

It does sound pricy given you'll be getting most of the amenities anyway with your suite. If it's just the two of you, why not dress up, order a bouquet and recite your vows to each other In the chapel? That would seem a lot more personal than repeating the vows read by the nearest available ships officer.

It does sound pricy given you'll be getting most of the amenities anyway with your suite. If it's just the two of you, why not dress up, order a bouquet and recite your vows to each other In the chapel? That would seem a lot more personal than repeating the vows read by the nearest available ships officer.

I agree (for what my opinion is worth). I have a new dress, fabulous hat, silk bouquet and silk buttonholes for all our guests. We have UBP & UDP plus Platinum perks so we are buying some pre lunch canapes and a friend is our "Officient". Can't see paying $499 when we've got everything covered. Waiting for NCL to get back to me re location but I guess as we are on Epic they're waiting until after the refit. It's not until Feb so there's time yet.

• 1 month later...
My wife and I renewed our vows on the Getaway on our 15th anniversary in February. The Captain did our ceremony because we had the deluxe package (which seems to have vanished.)

I'm glad we did it. I was trying to come up with something special for our anniversary and I assumed (correctly) that nobody in either family was going to go along no matter what we did - with the possible exception of one brother-in-law and sister-in-law, so I decided if we could have the ceremony on our exact anniversary on the ship, that would be fun. The Getaway happened to have an itinerary that fit the schedule.

It was fun. There were more NCL staff than guests, but it was a great party. The ceremony was short and sweet (because I wrote it), the staff was very helpful, and when else am I going to get the Captain of the ship to serve me and my wife champagne?

It was completely different from our wedding, which was on a schooner off Key West, but it had been fifteen years, so we needed a slightly larger boat!

[ATTACH]363981[/ATTACH]

Hi xriva, quick question, I read several of your posts and would like to know how you managed to have the captain marry you?

I had originally booked a wedding package on the Epic but I eventually cancelled so we would get married at home.

I figured that perhaps a vow renewal could be a good option, went through guest relations like you but was told that the captain does not do vow renewals. The captain doing the ceremony was a must for me.

Maybe the policy changed since your renewal in February 2015?

Can you share more with your experience?

Thanks!

Hi xriva, quick question, I read several of your posts and would like to know how you managed to have the captain marry you?

I had originally booked a wedding package on the Epic but I eventually cancelled so we would get married at home.

I figured that perhaps a vow renewal could be a good option, went through guest relations like you but was told that the captain does not do vow renewals. The captain doing the ceremony was a must for me.

Maybe the policy changed since your renewal in February 2015?

Can you share more with your experience?

Thanks!

There were two vow renewal packages when we booked - the regular and the deluxe. There were a couple of features that the deluxe added, but the one that justified the extra cost was that the Captain performed the ceremony. The Captain was a must for my wife, as well. I looked after we returned, and the deluxe package is gone.

When we were on the ship, one of the group events people said she thought the Captain had delegated the duty, at which point my wife almost blew a gasket, but that was corrected and Captain Myre performed the ceremony.

I do wonder if some of it depended on the Captain - I have noticed some Captains are ambassadors of the line, and some drive the ship. Since the deluxe package forced all Captains to perform the ceremony, it went away.

It's interesting that some of the hotel staff - like the cruise director and assistant cruise director - are considered "officers", so they could do the ceremony.

I think someone underestimated the importance of the Captain as an officiant.

Sounds so nice. You have me thinking once again maybe I should just do it and forget about the price.

Lorraine, if you have the $500 to spend why wouldnt you? What will you want to save it for? You only celebrate your 50th weddkng anniversary once! I just celebrated our 25th and would love to be able to do this on our Haven Breakaway cruise in August but dont think I could save the money on my own to keep it a surprise for my dh and kids. So as someone who had been married half the time as you and if I had the extea money, I say go for it!